Wud's project 365 2014

RON_RIP

Re: Wud's project 365

Okay, back to your dog books Mai. You need to hurry up and get famous so that we can say we knew you when.

Lawrence

And a more clean one. He is so darn beautiful :heart:

motor-sovev_relse-7461_web.jpg

he sure is. Lovely photo

Scott Murray

Excellent work with the lecture and photos :) I am yet to try getting low with my own dogs as every time I get low they pounce on me hahahaha.

wud

So, I got this shot. And I really like it - but are there anything I can do, to enhance it even more??

The edit are so simple - just contrast, this brownish tint, vignette, some sharpening and clarity on the background.

anne-familie-7353_web.jpg

wud

I gave it a tad more brightness on the face. I also have a b/w shot, but I'll show that one later, I really wanna keep the above in color.

dh photography

great shot. did a quick run in LR to see if there was anything. I just rotated it slightly left, tweaked the contrast down a bit, and adjusted the colors. The main thing was to use the selective brush and lighten just the eyes. Hope you don't mind me tinkering.

anne-familie-7353_web.jpg

wud

Dont mind at all :) but I think you over-done it a bit (I know its difficult editing a small websized image). I want it to be softish, and the eyes to look natural. I've given it a little more light around the eyes, but its difficult, as I don't wanna loose the shadow/highlight effect..

Last edited:

wud

This is turning into a whole day project :rolleyes: I took it from the top again, and tried lowering contrast and so, specially on the background. And ended up with a huge crop.

anne-familie-7353_web-7.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor

FWIW I like that latest, non-cropped version the best. Her eyes look best in that version, and I'd prefer not seeing the top of her head cropped out. It's a great picture, nice job!

wud

FWIW I like that latest, non-cropped version the best. Her eyes look best in that version, and I'd prefer not seeing the top of her head cropped out. It's a great picture, nice job!

Think you are right. And ended up with something alike that one. Well that sucked! Realizing the missing editing skills!

Oh well, lots of other good shots from that session.

anne-familie-7148_web.jpg

anne-familie-7211_web.jpg

anne-familie-7182_web.jpg

anne-familie-7276_web.jpg

anne-familie-7110_web.jpg

anne-familie-7186_web.jpg

wud

Pfft....that looks more like my serious. Lmao. Nice shot.

lol..

My setup:

since I'm broke, I bought a paper tablecloth in green, which I used for background, holding it with needles and tape. Like a pro ;)
I started with the ice light on a stand but it was to high (couldn't get lower) to hit the dogs eyes (dude, it's hard getting light on those dark eyes when the fur is white). So ended up with the ice light in left hand - along with a sausage - and camera in right hand. With a D3 you don't wanna do that too long.... or is it just me?

In pp I couldn't get the green color I thought I would, either the background was to dark or the paper tablecloth just aren't meant to be used for backdrop lol. So in Lightroom I played around with the colors in the highlight/shadow section.

After that, in Photoshop, some brush with same + darker color as the background, to fade out the paper and also paint over a part in the right side, which showed the wall.
Instead of making a vignette effect, I painted a layer it all dark and used eraser to delete most of it + Gaussian blur to fade out that layer.

wud

Think I am getting addicted. To printing. And cutting in the right sizes. I tried to get my husband to order prints yesterday (from random shoots lol), he wouldn't. I made some cards for a client on the photo paper, it was so much fun!

A client can't choose between 52 images, so she is asking for the price for them all digital. I think I gave her a way to low price ($150, for all images printed in size 4x6 inch), but its just so much more satisfying printing yourself, than sending jpgs over email.