Woody's 2024 Photon Collection Project

Woodyg3

Contributor
I think I like the first shot best. I know they are very similar, but opinions are welcome. :)

GBHFish-306.jpg
GBHFish-307.jpg
GBHFish-308.jpg

nikonbill

Contributor
The first one for me - I find the drip from the fish interesting and the look of the legs as one

Also: the recent owl photos are awesome

Robin W

Great capture. Around here, you do not see them in the daylight very often. They are a problem for the farmers. About everyone keeping cattle or horses has Donkeys as protection. Donkeys do not like them...
Danno, if you ever have a chance you need to go to Cavehill Cemetery and talk to Rev. Lee Payne. Around here everyone calls him the owl whisperer. He will be happy to show you what to look for and how to spot them and if you have time and he's not performing a funeral he will probably even take you around and show you some. He has been a fantastic resource!

Woodyg3

Contributor
I prefer the last one. The angled head of the heron, and flat on of the fish works better for me.
I think I like #3 the best too for mostly the same reasons as Clovishound. It looks like you can almost see the heron thinking about what he wants to do next. And the fish has that "Oh Darn" look! I like all of them, great photos!

Thanks! That's the one my wife likes the best, too. :)

Danno

Danno, if you ever have a chance you need to go to Cavehill Cemetery and talk to Rev. Lee Payne. Around here everyone calls him the owl whisperer. He will be happy to show you what to look for and how to spot them and if you have time and he's not performing a funeral he will probably even take you around and show you some. He has been a fantastic resource!
Thank you, Robin. I will have to put that on my list.