Winds of Change? :: Lightroom CC vs Lightroom Classic ::

todd7500

I wouldn't call it standalone, but on the left, do you see the $9.99 price for both Lightroom and Photoshop?

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

I went through this yesterday and the way I understood the "Plans" $9.95 gets you Lightroom but does NOT include Photoshop. At least that's what what I saw when I ordered mine. I even went back into my Adobe account later after reading the other posts on this and considered downgrading my plan to the $9.59 "Lightroom" plan but there is absolutely no mention of Photoshop or Photoshop Apps included in that price point.

Sorry, I have not figured out how to post screen shots yet to better explain this.

All I want is Photoshop. Period. I dont want clous storage, (I dont store files that way). I have no need for Lightroom, Bridge, Stock Photos, etc. I dont do much with social media, I just want Photoshop

I will be elated if I am mistaken, I have no love for Adobe right now and if I can show my feelings by giving them $120.00 less a year, so much the better!
TW

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I went through this yesterday and the way I understood the "Plans" $9.95 gets you Lightroom but does NOT include Photoshop. At least that's what what I saw when I ordered mine. I even went back into my Adobe account later after reading the other posts on this and considered downgrading my plan to the $9.59 "Lightroom" plan but there is absolutely no mention of Photoshop or Photoshop Apps included in that price point.

Sorry, I have not figured out how to post screen shots yet to better explain this.

All I want is Photoshop. Period. I dont want clous storage, (I dont store files that way). I have no need for Lightroom, Bridge, Stock Photos, etc. I dont do much with social media, I just want Photoshop

I will be elated if I am mistaken, I have no love for Adobe right now and if I can show my feelings by giving them $120.00 less a year, so much the better!
TW

I will admit their site isn't the easiest to navigate. Check out the Photography Plan (20 GB). When I select any of the options from the drop down arrow on the far left, each option will list its specific plan features. This plan is supposed to give you the options listed in this screen shot which includes both LightRoom CC and Photoshop CC. If you choose the 1TB plan, then the cost is more. The only difference I can see between the Photography Plan 20 GB vs Photography Plan 1 TB is the amount of cloud storage along with a difference in price ($9.99 vs $19.99)

Photography Plan 20 GB.png

todd7500

I tried to get a screenshot posted, no luck... I need a tutorial...

I just went to Adobe's website again...
There is no longer an option for the 20 GB the smallest ANY plan allows is 1T

The $9.99 plan mentions LR only with no mention of Ps
The first time Ps shows up is in the $19.99 option.
The $19.99 plan (according to the screenshot in previous post) had 100 GB Cloud storage, that has changed also (1T minimum)

1) I am going to the wrong website
2) Ps in included in the $9.99 plan as part on LR and I just dont understand it

I would love to save $100.00. If you guys have a work-around PLEASE let me know

BTW coming from PS Elements to the full version is amazing! Now all the tutorials I have been trying to translate to the old bare-bones version and starting to make sense. So I am not saying I am not getting a value/dollar return, but I can can justify $120.00 per year easier than $240.00

Thoughts... anyone

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I tried to get a screenshot posted, no luck... I need a tutorial...

I just went to Adobe's website again...
There is no longer an option for the 20 GB the smallest ANY plan allows is 1T

The $9.99 plan mentions LR only with no mention of Ps
The first time Ps shows up is in the $19.99 option.
The $19.99 plan (according to the screenshot in previous post) had 100 GB Cloud storage, that has changed also (1T minimum)

1) I am going to the wrong website
2) Ps in included in the $9.99 plan as part on LR and I just dont understand it

I would love to save $100.00. If you guys have a work-around PLEASE let me know

BTW coming from PS Elements to the full version is amazing! Now all the tutorials I have been trying to translate to the old bare-bones version and starting to make sense. So I am not saying I am not getting a value/dollar return, but I can can justify $120.00 per year easier than $240.00

Thoughts... anyone

Todd, does this link work for you? It's for the $9.99 price but requires an email log in.

https://commerce.adobe.com/anyware/...9283&items[0][cs]=0&promoid=1K8FDHL8&mv=other

todd7500

Hark, Thanks for the help...

Go to that link, sign in etc... Click on "Buy Now" but nothing happens until you "choose a plan" in the drop box. Your selections are Lightroom CC plan (1 TB) or "Photography Plan (now the Ps is bundled) at $19.99. I tried to open a chat dialog with Adobe but they are open 6 to 6 PST only. I guess I will call them on Monday because thier phone desk is also closed.

Really appreciate your follow ups!

RocketCowboy

Go to that link, sign in etc... Click on "Buy Now" but nothing happens until you "choose a plan" in the drop box. Your selections are Lightroom CC plan (1 TB) or "Photography Plan (now the Ps is bundled) at $19.99. I tried to open a chat dialog with Adobe but they are open 6 to 6 PST only. I guess I will call them on Monday because thier phone desk is also closed.

Todd, do you currently have an Adobe plan active? I saw similar behavior when I was trying to downsize from the all-apps plan, and the 20GB option with PS and LR was not shown. Using an account without any plan associated showed me more options.

Based on what you’ve described, it doesn’t sound like you have an active plan, but the way the Adobe site is behaving is like you do. They may have change the options again recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Todd, I hope Adobe will be able to help you. I just cleared my cookies and accessed the link again. It still brings up the $9.99 price, and after entering a different email address (since I already have an email account with them), it takes me to a page requesting my credit card info. And the price is still $9.99. If I were to enter my credit card info and click the link, it will submit my payment and lock in that price.

Perhaps try clearing your cookies (but retain your passwords) then see if it brings up what I am seeing. And maybe another Nikonite can access the link and will let us know if the $9.99 price is available for them. (Can someone else please check to see if the link works?) Here is the same link I posted above:

https://commerce.adobe.com/anyware/...9283&items[0][cs]=0&promoid=1K8FDHL8&mv=other

RocketCowboy

Perhaps try clearing your cookies (but retain your passwords) then see if it brings up what I am seeing. And maybe another Nikonite can access the link and will let us know if the $9.99 price is available for them. (Can someone else please check to see if the link works?) Here is the same link I posted above:

Cindy, your link works for me when I’m not logged into Adobe’s site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todd7500

Well it took a while but...

Still couldn't figure it out over the internet, even from Adobe's website. I took all the suggestions posted here... cleared my cashe, cleared history, cleared cookies, still the same. So I decided to do it by phone and we ALL know what fun that can be...
Like many companies, sadly Adobe is outsourced (Assuming they are an American company), oh well, no matter.

There was the usual language barrier, but we got it worked out and downsized to the $9.99 plan

I really dont have a problem with that price. Not that I have money to throw away, but last time I looked the full version of Photoshop was like... $500.00 and it seems that every two years there was a new version to buy. I dont have any use for cloud storage, so whatever I get with this account will likely sit there vacant.

So thanks again everyone for the help and patience!

Todd

canuck257

yeah, i know...i'll start looking soon. LR6 should hold me over while i find something...

I'm trying DxO Photolab which is on a 30 free trial. So far I'm liking it very much as a LR (I have the standalone version) replacement. I do need to get a little more comfortable with it before I fully commit to dumping LR from my workflow.

Give it a try.