windows 10

fotojack

You may not want it or like it (although I don't know why anyone wouldn't like it), get used to it! It's here to stay. Every other Windows OS will be obsolete in a few years anyway, so....take advantage of the free Windows 10 offer while it's being offered.....or would you rather pay for it? :)

Windows 7 will not be supported in 5 years or less.....Windows 8 can still be upgraded FREE to 8.1 from the Windows web site, but even that will be unsupported in about 7 years.

Kendall_

I still have a computer in my basement with Windows 95 on it haha.

I know my dad still uses XP too.

My favorite so far has been windows 7 but 8 is pretty much the same if you download Stardock for the start menu.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

thequeenscheese

I always had start is back on win 8 ive only installed 10 not really played with it only had time to get the Dr era from various sites and install them.
once I got the icon in the tray back I had to run win updates to get it to initiate.

paul04

On sunday I downloaded and installed windows 10,
99% working fine.

Problems, lightroom 6.1 keeps crashing, might run for 5 minutes or so, then stops, have to close it, then restart it.
so will uninstall lightroom, then reinstall to see if that fixes it. (fingers crossed).

I use "onedrive" as online storage, the icon was there, but no files. I think it was my fault as I did not sync it when it asked me to, but all working now, had to uninstall "onedrive" restart the PC then install it again, now all working.

Cortana, a bit tricky to set up, 1st it said the language was not set up correctly, had to set everything to UK and download the UK language pack,
Then I got "Cortana disabled by company policy" so a little search on google and got it all up and running.

I don't like the new browser "Microsoft Edge" can not set it up how I like it, so using internet explorer for now.

Everything else is working fine.

Last edited: