Who's going to shoot the Total Eclipse?

cbay

Didn't chance it directly, but layed a reflector on the ground under some trees and got some cool light bending shadows... Try and post some later.

Pretzel

Heavily cropped, got some sunspots at about 50%. :)

Eclipse1.jpg

Eclipse2.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It was immensely cloudy here although they weren't calling for clouds when I looked at the forecast yesterday. :( So it was hit and miss because at times the sun was completely covered in clouds. No glow on the horizon which is what I was hoping for. The initial settings I dialed in didn't do me any good because they were way too underexposed.

Ahh well...here is mine.

DSC_3480 low res.jpg

Mike150

Great Day for me. Sunny forecast all day. Camera set up by 12:30. Total span of eclipse was from 1:15 to 4:09 in South Carolina. With totality around 2:45. Clouds rolled in at 1, Pouring down rain by 2:30. Stating to clear at 6. What a wasted trip. We checked the local news and there was only ONE thunderstorm in the entire state of SC. It just happened to be right over my head. Oh Well... 2024 - Texas up through Maine for the next one.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Great Day for me. Sunny forecast all day. Camera set up by 12:30. Total span of eclipse was from 1:15 to 4:09 in South Carolina. With totality around 2:45. Clouds rolled in at 1, Pouring down rain by 2:30. Stating to clear at 6. What a wasted trip. We checked the local news and there was only ONE thunderstorm in the entire state of SC. It just happened to be right over my head. Oh Well... 2024 - Texas up through Maine for the next one.

Were you able to take any photos at the beginning of the eclipse? It was cloudy for us, too, but fortunately there were a few breaks. We had about 74% partial totality here in eastern Pennsylvania. The next one in 2024 is supposed to go over the northwestern part of Pennsylvania so my guess is we will have more than 74% during that eclipse. This next one looks to be closer than this last one.

Moab Man

Just got finished putting my eclipse photo together. The center image is dimmer because I filtered out the white sunburst of light so that you can see the underlying rising flames on the surface of the sun.

W_EclipseStages.jpg