Which to Buy Now? D500 or D750

Stoshowicz

He feels finished with it I guess, or just doesn't want to bother with something he already feels was done as it should. No biggie. .. or wants to get rid of one of the cameras before he shows anything.

Last edited:

Fortkentdad

Loving my new D500.

I struggled with this same choice a few months ago.
I also tossed into the decision a D800 refurb and a few other options crossed my mind.

I see the D500 as the "Flagship DX" - creme of the crop camera. In the end it was my choice - a few dollars more than the D750 but not a lot and at the price point what is a few extra $100 dollar bills.

The odd memory card is my least favourite part.
I don't miss the built in flash - shot an indoor party with a pair of F 1.8 lenses and the D500 worked just fine without a flash. (not that the D750 could not do the same).
The speed of focus and burst rate is great - shoot a series of shots of a child at play or dog on the run, pick the best shots (or make a funky gif if you're so inclined).

I have a D610 which is meets my FX needs well enough at the moment. Might still get a D8XX someday - or maybe the D750. But for my compliment of cameras is working for me.