Which software do you use to edit your pictures

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
ViewNX2 to transfer from camera to computer. Capture NX-D to process the RAW files. If I want to resize or add a watermark or to adjust any more, it's GIMP. Some other open source software on occasion, but not often.

Rob Bye

...my more recent purchases have been Corel's photo program which curiously they call Paintshop Pro, recently upgraded to ver 7 when they had a super special on.

Right you are. I like what I've seen of Paintshop Pro and After Effects, but I don't believe either will run on OS X, which is what I'm using.

skater

Sure they do; it's called releasing a new version.

You don't HAVE to buy an upgrade; the old versions usually continue to work for at least some time. But you do have to pay the monthly fee if you want to keep using subscription-based software.

That said, I have yet to pay for a new version of Aperture; Apple continues to update it for free even as they are planning to EOL it. I don't know if the free updates would have applied when going between major versions.

majorm

I have always used Photoscape but haven't done much real editing. I see Picasa seems pretty used. Have any of you compared the two or see a place where it was lacking? I thought about trying to find an open source version of lightroom but just started looking.