When Someone Says They're Thinking About Buying A D600...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkvLTD

Jonathan, I'm asking nicely. Please quit stirring the pot. We do have ways to moderate you if you don't.

Clearly a joke, but yea... I see why you want to contain the sarcastic fire. Either way, can't we all instead of still taking it seriously across the threads just make a few inside jokes and keep going with out forum-posting and whatnot? Not to undermined the many heroic victims, but given that it is what it is, I'd say it's better to learn to laugh it off and just keep moving on.

aroy

Just an Idea.

Why not separate the D610 from D600-D610 sub topic. That way all those who have issues with D600 can vent their anguish in the D600 and those who have no shutter problem can concentrate on the D610 .

SkvLTD

Just an Idea.

Why not separate the D610 from D600-D610 sub topic. That way all those who have issues with D600 can vent their anguish in the D600 and those who have no shutter problem can concentrate on the D610 .

We have that already. I'm just saying for the peeps involved as a whole.

JohnFrench

If someone says they are thinking, they are asking for you to say buy it. LOL. They just have to justify in their minds that approval is needed, even from strangers. LOL.

Dave_W

The Dude
If someone says they are thinking, they are asking for you to say buy it. LOL. They just have to justify in their minds that approval is needed, even from strangers. LOL.

That's very true for many of the first time posters here. Many begin their due diligence by asking opinions from people they presume know. Even after many newbies have bought the item they'll come here to ask a question that could easily have been answered by reading the users manual. But this the price of having an open internet forum like this, it's a free flowing font of information - some of it accurate and some not so much so. And unlike many other forums, posters here tend to be gentle with these newbie questions instead of telling them what idiots they must be for asking such a dumb question. A wealth of advice is freely given here and it's up to the receiver to decide what is relevant and what is not. That's what makes this board such a great place.

grandpaw

I just thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. I have had my D600 for a year and have never cleaned the sensor. I did have one dust spot and took it to my local camera shop this weekend and he had it cleaned in about two minutes. This is a shot with my D600 taken at F22 this afternoon. I will say that I have changed my lenses a bunch but I do it quickly and carefully.

This is a full frame picture just as it comes out of the camera except that I resized it to post it.

View attachment 81024

I am surprised that after posting this picture about something very positive about the D600 that only one person even bothered to comment on it. I guess positive examples and comments are not as popular as the negative ones. I have been very impressed with my camera and have had zero problems with it.

bigal1000

Just an Idea.

Finally about time !!!!! Yes please!!!!!!!!!

bigal1000

That's very true for many of the first time posters here. Many begin their due diligence by asking opinions from people they presume know. Even after many newbies have bought the item they'll come here to ask a question that could easily have been answered by reading the users manual. But this the price of having an open internet forum like this, it's a free flowing font of information - some of it accurate and some not so much so. And unlike many other forums, posters here tend to be gentle with these newbie questions instead of telling them what idiots they must be for asking such a dumb question. A wealth of advice is freely given here and it's up to the receiver to decide what is relevant and what is not. That's what makes this board such a great place.

Problem is this is now a world of instant gratification,it's much easier to just let someone else do the work !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jonathan

Jonathan, I'm asking nicely. Please quit stirring the pot. We do have ways to moderate you if you don't.
Big sigh.

Two private slaps at 0330 and 0530 BST, the second an "infraction", when I'm getting my much-needed beauty sleep. I know I was stirring but, really, some of you lot need to grow some thicker skin and/or senses of humour. Can you not cope with some gentle ribbing? I'm a grown man; I know where the boundaries are and I'm disappointed that they are so close together on here. Whither banter? Whither badinage? Wither camaraderie?

Big sigh.

Two private slaps at 0330 and 0530 BST, the second an "infraction", when I'm getting my much-needed beauty sleep. I know I was stirring but, really, some of you lot need to grow some thicker skin and/or senses of humour. Can you not cope with some gentle ribbing? I'm a grown man; I know where the boundaries are and I'm disappointed that they are so close together on here. Whither banter? Whither badinage? Wither camaraderie?

What you consider humor is insulting to others. Time for you to stick to photography.

aroy

Problem is this is now a world of instant gratification,it's much easier to just let someone else do the work !!!!!!!!!!!!

How else would the people running coaching classes and workshop make their living?

Reminds me of a saying in Consultancy Circles - A consultant is one who will tell you the time by looking at your watch and charge you for it!

bigal1000

The way I read BackdoorHippies post is basically asking everyone to stay on the topic the thread is about. It is like someone starting a thread about an auto focus problem on the D600 and then someone else comes in and starts discussing a problem with his on board flash. There is nothing wrong with that topic but it just doesn't have anything to do with the original auto focus topic. This is the way I interpreted it.

Exactly,perfectly sated ,what's so hard to understand !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ryanwphoto

I'm starting to find this all a bit ridiculous. Some people on here seem to be very confrontational and like to argue. Maybe I should find another forum....
EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T AGREE, WE DON'T NEED TO BATTLE IT OUT! The D600 had some issues yes, but I think this thread has made it even worse.
I came here to share my knowledge and to gain knowledge from many other photographers, all I see right now is a bunch of arguments from people who don't see eye to eye. I think hippies post was a simple question but I see that it was too much to be asked.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Dave_W

The Dude
If this thread once had any relevance to photography, it certainly doesn't any longer. Say goodnight, Gracie....

Status
Not open for further replies.