What are you using ????

I used my D3100 and now my D90 only, as I don't have any PP software yet and I'm not real sure I want any. I do use HP Media Smart to straighten some photos but that's about all it's good for.

I am not sure if I am cheap or lazy. I have some software loaded and my intent is to work on the learning curve. In reality I end up using the windows photo gallery, picasa, irfanview(re-size) and ICE for stitching. Maybe some day...

Dave

BackdoorArts

LR 3.6, Elements 9, and just started my trials of HDR Efex 2 and Color Efex 4. Fell for the last two very quickly and managed to score the Complete Collection for LR at a great price, so I'll be playing with the whole NiK bundle soon enough.

Carroll

PP software on my computer: Paintshop Pro X4, AfterShot Pro, ViewNX2, CaptureNX2, IrfanView, Lightroom 4, Photoshop CS6, Silver Efex Pro 2. Also have Paintshop Pro X2 and X3 which have various cool plug-ins as a "upgrade, and we will give you free yada-yada-yada's" installed, not going to list them all.

Here is what I actually use now:

1. Ibuprofen
2. Sign above monitor that says: "You are an idiot, don't buy any more of this crap."
3. I try really hard to take a good photo to begin with, praying I will not have to fix it. I am starting to really like Manual Mode.
4. ViewNX2 to load photos to computer.
5. Photoshop to "attempt" to make them somewhat more presentable. At the moment, I am in the "I really suck at this" stage...hoping to be weaned soon.
6. Trying to learn how to use small gray matter in between my ears.
7. Nikonites Forum..Lurk and Learn.

Unasked for advice: (Worth how much you pay for it?) LOL

Quit complaining about how much Photoshop costs and go get it. Nothing I have is better, period. I know, I know, so save up and then get it.

Naturally, your mileage and opinion will vary, been there, done that.

Carroll

PapaST

I have been using Lightroom 4 and really like it. I am on the 30 day trial but will be buying when my trial expires. I have a TON more to learn about it too... (only using it less than 20 days)

I also have and use Photomatix for HDR types stuff.. It does a decent job and again, I am still learning. I have already bought that on.

I do not have Photoshop and honestly cannot afford it right now... and until I learn the others well, I would just be throwing "my money" out the door. I may change my mind when I perfect the other tools and then say "I need more"
:)

Pat in NH

RockyNH and fotojack... I purchased the full box version of LR4 from bandh.com for a discounted rate (about 40% off). Unfortunately it is no longer on sale but I will say the free Crash Course DVD that came with it was extremely helpful. It was designed by KelbyTraining.com and is hosted by Matt Kloskowski. It's well laid out in chapters that you can select and watch as he goes through his workflow. It really touches on importing pictures... basic post processing and advanced post processing... handling presets and more. What I personally found useful is how a well versed user utilizes all the different features that I otherwise would have struggled with. He touches on all the features within the developing module. I found it very helpful.

fotojack

RockyNH and fotojack... I purchased the full box version of LR4 from bandh.com for a discounted rate (about 40% off). Unfortunately it is no longer on sale but I will say the free Crash Course DVD that came with it was extremely helpful. It was designed by KelbyTraining.com and is hosted by Matt Kloskowski. It's well laid out in chapters that you can select and watch as he goes through his workflow. It really touches on importing pictures... basic post processing and advanced post processing... handling presets and more. What I personally found useful is how a well versed user utilizes all the different features that I otherwise would have struggled with. He touches on all the features within the developing module. I found it very helpful.

FREE Crash Course DVD, huh? Burn a couple of copies for Rocky and me and mail it to us. :)