What are you using ????

Knave

I haven't purchased any software yet. My computer is 4 months old and Photoshop Elements 9 came preloaded. I haven't even opened the program yet and have no idea how to use it. Some advice from you guys would be helpful, is this program sufficient to start with or should I be looking for something else?

Ruidoso Bill

I haven't purchased any software yet. My computer is 4 months old and Photoshop Elements 9 came preloaded. I haven't even opened the program yet and have no idea how to use it. Some advice from you guys would be helpful, is this program sufficient to start with or should I be looking for something else?

Elements is a very good program, will take you a long way learning Post Processing, some folks never leave it, find it does all they require. There are lots of tutorials online, just google and even youtube has some video's. Use it, learn it and enjoy it.

silvertip

I use LR3. Does what I need and much, much more. I also have used Elements 5. I know I should upgrade Elements but I don't use it that often so I feel it would be a waste of money for me. Even if the program was only something like a 100 bucks, that is still a 100 bucks closer to a new lens.

Kent

RockyNH_RIP

Enjoyed reading all the comments. Presently (and I am new) I am using the Nikon Software (ViewNX 2, Microsoft Gallery and Photomatix Pro. The 1st 2 are really beginner stuff and severely limited.. Photomatix is good for HDR and tone mapping but not so much on normal post processing...

I am looking into Lightroom 4 and have been watching some YouTube vids on using it and it seems to be something I can learn on.. and will do all I need in the immediate future. I cannot really afford a full edition of PS. Hopefully adding Lightroom will be a good plan..

Pat in NH

nomadrider

Elements 8.
I am so broke, if they were selling steamboats for 10 cents, all I could do is run up and down the riverbanks yellin "ain't that cheap"

John P

My wife uses Photoshop CS 6 and is very good with it.
It is way over my head!!!!! I use lightroom 4 and am not wanting for more.

fotojack

I'm TRYING to learn how to use Lightroom 3.6, but I have to admit, there's a bit of a learning curve for me. I'll get it eventually.....but it's frustrating at times.

nikonpup

windows photo gallery & picasa, main software. I have nx2 and elements 10 which i rarely use. If picasa and photo gallery will
not fix it i am screwed.

WhiteLight

I use lightroom 4 & it is quite brilliant.
That should do for most PP, but there are times when i feel the need for something more 'targeted' to a particular portion of the image.
I am quite illiterate in Photoshop at the moment, trying to get the basics.
i was introduced to Photomatix quite recently & that's very nice.

RockyNH_RIP

I have been using Lightroom 4 and really like it. I am on the 30 day trial but will be buying when my trial expires. I have a TON more to learn about it too... (only using it less than 20 days)

I also have and use Photomatix for HDR types stuff.. It does a decent job and again, I am still learning. I have already bought that on.

I do not have Photoshop and honestly cannot afford it right now... and until I learn the others well, I would just be throwing "my money" out the door. I may change my mind when I perfect the other tools and then say "I need more"
:)

Pat in NH

PapaST

LR4 and on sometimes CS5 on my Windows machines. On my Mac I use CS4. Like Carolina Photo Guy said, I suck at all of them.

navcom

Suppose I'll chime in but not much different than most folks here.

Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 are my main tools. I also use Nik's software suite (Efex, Silver, HDR, etc.), Photomatix, and Enfusion.

Jeff