Bill16

Here are a few more test shots! :) ISO 1250

dsc_3285sized.jpg

dsc_3286sized.jpg

dsc_3283sized.jpg

dsc_3288sized.jpg

Last edited:

Bill16

The last few shots very much impressed me, since they turned out so well even though the DX models have it over my D700 when shooting macro! I'm seriously thinking this D700 may be the best DSLR I'll ever own! I can't find a single thing I can honestly complain about it for my needs! I will buy another one for back up, for sure, when I have the chance! :D

Wooohooo! I love this camera! Lol :D

cadomniel

I like the D700 it is super cheap now I was offered one that looked like it seem more time in the closet than taking photos for $840 but I don't think I'll get it since I have just got a new Df and have a D7100. But the D700 is the legendary Nikon DSLR....
I never was that interested in D600 or D610 after all the oil spot issues, and don't need or want 36mpix so was never too interested in the D800/810.
I think it would be pretty cool to have a D700 too especially for the price they are going now...
I definitely don't need another camera body.

Bill16

I'm hoping to be able to get another D700, I love mine so much! :D

I like the D700 it is super cheap now I was offered one that looked like it seem more time in the closet than taking photos for $840 but I don't think I'll get it since I have just got a new Df and have a D7100. But the D700 is the legendary Nikon DSLR....
I never was that interested in D600 or D610 after all the oil spot issues, and don't need or want 36mpix so was never too interested in the D800/810.
I think it would be pretty cool to have a D700 too especially for the price they are going now...
I definitely don't need another camera body.

cadomniel

I think the D700 is one of my favorite Nikons. I mean for myself personally I don't want the super high res D800 or D810 and have to deal with those huge raw files, storage and computer problems becomes an issue. Also if you don't have best glass and print huge all those megapixels are being wasted.

Bill16

This type of thinking was part of what I was thinking when I finally chose the D700! Lol :)

I think the D700 is one of my favorite Nikons. I mean for myself personally I don't want the super high res D800 or D810 and have to deal with those huge raw files, storage and computer problems becomes an issue. Also if you don't have best glass and print huge all those megapixels are being wasted.

cadomniel

The D700 has way more capabilities than me :D

I am going to look for one to go along with my DF. I think that Nikon got everything right with the D700 which is why it is still a good camera today :D
They weren't going to cannibalize sales of the D4 by putting in the D4 sensor and autofocus system into the D800 body in the upgrade to the D700.

Bill16

I don't see myself outgrowing my D700! Lol ;)

The D700 has way more capabilities than me :D

I am going to look for one to go along with my DF. I think that Nikon got everything right with the D700 which is why it is still a good camera today :D
They weren't going to cannibalize sales of the D4 by putting in the D4 sensor and autofocus system into the D800 body in the upgrade to the D700.