Weekly Challenge Mar.30-Apr.6: Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Hille

Welcome to the site Tony! I fixed your picture for you. Was it taken after Mar 30th?

pic was taken in Queensland Australia 2/4/11 5.40pm through the windscreen with my D700....
the "Gateway Motorway" .... recently opened sister bridge on the left... I call it Twin-gate....

PhotoSnapShot

DSC_0035-3.jpg
PIRATES
A pirate ship going through the Bridge of Lions Draw Bridge in St Augustine, FL. I figured since St Augustine is also known as "The Nations Oldest City" (at least for the USA) I would use a black and white photo.

Of course the Bridge of Lions has just been rebuilt, work was finished last year so it is brand new and the pirate ship is under power, I don't think it has sails. Then I took the picture today and made it look like it is an old black and white photo. So I have to ask............is there some sort of irony in this picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vermontster

Good to know. I will be down there next week on business. By the way, being a Senior Member, can you tell me if there is an easier way to post a photo other than inserting a URL to Flickr?

Browncoat

pic was taken in Queensland Australia 2/4/11 5.40pm through the windscreen with my D700....
the "Gateway Motorway" .... recently opened sister bridge on the left... I call it Twin-gate....

In order to be eligible for the weekly challenge, your photo submission must be taken during the dates posted in this thread.

3/30/11 - 4/6/11

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

Dude, I use Firefox as my browser. I just drag a picture to my desktop, resize it to 800 X 600 pixels and upload directly to Nikonites using the picture icon in the reply box.

Nothing to it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

PS; Senior member just means that I am old as dirt. Ain't nothing special about dirt.

Vermontster

Jack, it sounds simple enough. When I click on the "Insert Image" icon, it asks me to insert a URL. I posted a photo on Flickr, then put in that URL. Since then I have tried a dozen different ways to slide a photo into the "Quick Reply" box, to no avail.

jengajoh

Jack, it sounds simple enough. When I click on the "Insert Image" icon, it asks me to insert a URL. I posted a photo on Flickr, then put in that URL. Since then I have tried a dozen different ways to slide a photo into the "Quick Reply" box, to no avail.
this is how I do it:
Click 'go advanced'
then click on the attachment button that looks like a paper clip
then click 'add files'
then click 'upload files'
navigate to your photo on your computer (make sure the photo is resized, you can't upload a huge one)
then click 'upload files'
once you upload you have to drag the photo itself into the attachment box, then you'll see your photo pop up, close it, then hit the attachment button again and the file name will be there, click on it and it will then be attached.
It is a lot of steps... I use safari at home and this is the only way I can do it. Firefox seems to be a little more user friendly with this type of upload system.

Last edited:

fotojack

Ah yes, that does happen at times. Don't know why. You'll have to go to the "Advanced" method then. Do as Jengajoh suggests, but without all the other stuff she mentioned. You're using Firefox as I am, and I have to use the Advanced button on occasion, too. Give it a shot, then see what happens. Sorry about all this runaround, bud. It's the nature of the beast sometimes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.