Weekly Challenge June 21-29: Cutlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

Only 4 submissions and it's almost Tuesday already? Gee whiz, I hope this one wasn't too much for you guys.

Kim20

_DSC0026.jpg

This is Marlene, she is a kayak enthusiast that I met this morning on the shore of Windermere Lake. Her and her husband reside in Calgary Alberta, but have a summer vacation home here in our little town, and they spend as much time as possible enjoying all the outdoor activities offered here.

ohkphoto

Snow White
This is an excellent challenge, Anthony, and one that requires a little more "thinking" as well some writing skills. I really like this. Any chance of extending this one for another week? (since we have only 5 submissions . . . and there's a holiday weekend coming up)

AxeMan - Rick S.

Only 4 submissions and it's almost Tuesday already? Gee whiz, I hope this one wasn't too much for you guys.

Excuse me 'Mr. Editor" Seeing how we all are photojournalists this week I have a news story for you but I'm waiting for the press deadline. I might have to bump my story for a more newsworthy article if it comes up. You would not want me to submit something and then have you stop the presses now would you? :p

<I love roll playing> :rolleyes:

AxeMan - Rick S.

DSC_0604-withwrite up.jpg

Caption reads:

APARTMENT FIRE

On Sunday afternoon Lt. Dave Sawlsville opens a fire hydrant after the Rochelle Fire Department was called for apartment fire at 1235 Short Court. After putting the small fire out it was determined that a hot compressor motor on a small refrigerator ignited a cardboard box sitting next to it. One Firefighter was treated a the scene for a minor unknown injuries. No other injuries were reported. Rochelle Fire Chief Brian Johnson (far left ) estimated approximately $5000 in personal property loss only, the building did not receive any structural damage. Chief Johnson was on the south side of town at the time of the call. Because the 251 bridge is closed for repairs Johnson had to use the detour and was delayed by an train. Because of Johnson's delay, Flag Center and Hillcrest Fire Departments assisted with the call until Johnson's arrival which at that time he took the scene over in his street clothes. Johnson praised the Department and the Dispatchers for quick thinking on their part in his absence. Johnson also credited the people in the building for being Vigilant. "This small fire gone unnoticed could have gotten really out of hand in a hurry, we could have lost the whole building if it was not for the quick thinking on everyone's part.
(Photo by Richard Souvign)

Anthony, you said this challenge could be rewarding. Not only did I get the "interview" with the Chief before the press (she walked in halfway in on mine) but I had a chat with an editor / photographer from the paper. She said in the future if I had any photo's that were news worthy to e-mail to her at the paper. I would not get paid for any photo's, but I would get "credit" (my name in the paper) for anything used. It's a start I guess. So now not only am I a backyard storm chaser, I'll also an Ambulance chaser too. LOL

Thanks for the challenge, it was fun

Last edited:

Browncoat

Go ahead and post the new challenge, Helene. I'm going to close this one. I think extending it a week will only mess up the rotation.

Congrats to all who participated....this was not an easy challenge. See you all on the flip side.

Status
Not open for further replies.