Vixens Backyard

Vixen

I purposefully put this fryingpan down low so more than just birds would be able to drink from it, but this week is the first time I've actually seen that happen. One of my resident goannas stopping for a drink on his way thru

017_3899_web.jpg

Vixen

Pretty Wallaby. I have 2, maybe more living on my place. Very timid. They don't hang around when they see me

017_7892_web.jpg

Vixen

I also have a heap of echidnas on my place. I don't get to see them often so was over the moon at this one wandering past me as I sat out with my camera one afternoon

NEW_0142_webshot.jpg

Vixen

Boy, your apparently have your own nature preserve right in your own backyard. Great shots!

It does get like that at times. I've always loved having wildlife about and encourage them, rather than try to drive them away. I have snakes in my roof. Big pythons. Sounds like they are dragging dead bodies about at times ;)

Vixen

In 7 yrs of trying to catch a shot of the whipbirds in my garden this is the only one I have managed. They taunt me. They know :mad:

NEW_3136_webshot.jpg

Vixen

A Grey Shrike Thrush. They have the most beautiful song

019_1538_web.jpg

I think this is a Longihorn Beetle

28of366_019_1545_web2.jpg

A little Common Garden Skink. He's all of 2 inches long

019_1557_web.jpg

Vixen

There are benefits to being confined to home. I'm doing a LOT of gardening. Trying to tame 10 acres of wilderness ready for putting our place on the market later this year. Of course I won't get it tamed but if I can sort the areas around the house I'll be happy. The other thing is getting to birdwatch EVERY day. Bliss!

A series of photos of Brown Thornbill fluffbombs

020_4196 copy.jpg

020_4199 copy2.jpg

93of366_020_3228 copy2.jpg

020_4203 copy.jpg

020_4202 copy.jpg

020_4200 copy.jpg