Vixens Backyard

Vixen

Another cicada.....taken with the Tamzooka (and cropped in quite a bit). The weather has been bad lately...very heavy skies and poor light. Not at all inspiring :(

15A_7718_webshot.jpg

Vixen

I'm excited to have discovered a pair of Variegated Fairy Wrens building a nest at the back of my house. I have been watching them coming and going for a few days now. The nest looks about half built. The jenny wren is doing the building while her mate keeps an eye out.

15A_7731_webshot.jpg

15A_7739_webshot.jpg

Collecting the materials

15A_8144_webshot.jpg

15A_8148_webshot.jpg

15A_8149_webshot.jpg

Stoshowicz

Lots of really nice shots there. Its interesting to see the similarities and differences between them critters and ours. That dragonfly looks like a wandering glider, but being way down there,, I suppose it aint.

Vixen

Lots of really nice shots there. Its interesting to see the similarities and differences between them critters and ours. That dragonfly looks like a wandering glider, but being way down there,, I suppose it aint.

They Are really similar aren't they? I've noticed the same with your birds too :D

Horoscope Fish

I think you must have weaponized that Tamzooka 'cause girl... Those shots are killer!

*scratches head*

Did I really just say that?

*cough*

I uh... I'll just show myself out.

Ironwood

A few more insects from the garden. Had to give it away when the heavens opened yet again
QUOTE]

Nice shooting Vixen.
Sounds like more rain coming. I just saw the news on the telly, residents in Gladstone are starting to panic buy already, shelves in the shops are looking very empty.

Vixen

A few more insects from the garden. Had to give it away when the heavens opened yet again
QUOTE]

Nice shooting Vixen.
Sounds like more rain coming. I just saw the news on the telly, residents in Gladstone are starting to panic buy already, shelves in the shops are looking very empty.

It always happens. I think I'd be likely to do the same to be honest. They don't know how long they may be without power, phones, clear safe roads etc. My little part of the world is also bracing for flooding. We get decent flash flooding here and the ground is already saturated as it has rained almost every day for the last month. Last flooding rain we had 800mm in 4days...400 of which fell in one 24hr period. Big landslide closed the road north for 6 weeks and some of it is still damaged awaiting repair. I'll be watching the river levels over the next couple of days. It gets interesting once the river tops 6m here.

Vixen

No-one seems to know why flies and other insects blow out a bubble of fluid and then suck it back in again, but I found a caterpillar doing it recently. Couldn't get a good focus on it for some reason. I also liked how the 2 were almost mirror imaging.

15B_0568_webshot.jpg

15B_0574_webshot.jpg

Grasshopper

15B_0560_webshot.jpg

ladybirds

15B_0583_webshot.jpg

15B_0590_webshot.jpg

and I have no idea what this little one is

15B_0588_webshot.jpg

15B_0591_webshot.jpg

Last edited: