Tough crowd....But can be friendly

I think we have one of the friendliest groups here. I met MoabMan in Southern Utah when he drove down to shoot with my wife and I in Arches NP. I have had two different members call and meet me for lunch near my home when they were traveling through the area. Oh course the meet and greet in Lakeland last year was fantastic. Got to spend the day with several members from all over. Can't wait till February till we meet again.
Not to many internet groups have the family feel as this group does.

C. Hand

I have been on here for a year and these folks on here are the best. I have only had criticism when I asked for it. If you want advise and want to learn, then ask, because this is about the best forum out there!

Rick M

I found the thread but I had deleted most of the offending posts. I think I deleted at least 14 different posts. What is really so bad is the photographer he was bashing is in my opinion is probably the best wedding photographer I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. That being said I will show you the thread

http://nikonites.com/wedding/31478-amazing-light.html#axzz4RdImOjVj

And here is the offending post from "Love Nikon"
Sorry dont follow this ..saw these pics a few day ago and not impressed...

with wedding photography you need the right girl in the right dress with the right light ...

too old with big hips ...sorry does not cut it IMHO

Darn, I missed a juicy one :). Sounded a lot like another blast from the past!

wev

Contributor
Apropos of nothing but Don's comments about meet and greets, I am somewhat surprised by the few members I have found in the Southern California area. Given we have the second largest population in the country, a deep history of photography, and a whole lot of stuff worth shooting, I would have expected to see more folks on board. But maybe I've just missed them with my eyes buried in birds -- or they're all shooting Canons now. . .

As for the folks here, if they can put up with my posts, they can bear anything with grace.

Apropos of nothing but Don's comments about meet and greets, I am somewhat surprised by the few members I have found in the Southern California area. Given we have the second largest population in the country, a deep history of photography, and a whole lot of stuff worth shooting, I would have expected to see more folks on board. But maybe I've just missed them with my eyes buried in birds -- or they're all shooting Canons now. . .

As for the folks here, if they can put up with my posts, they can bear anything with grace.

We just don't want you near our gear. You break to much stuff. LOL

Bikerbrent

Maybe we need to try and setup a Southern California Meet and Greet. I believe we have enough members, it just depends on if we have enough interest.

Maybe we need to try and setup a Southern California Meet and Greet. I believe we have enough members, it just depends on if we have enough interest.

You really should. The problem is that you end up talking more than shooting sometimes. It is really great to put a face to some of these names

Roy1961

Contributor
If the company jet is available I will try to make it also. Depends on if we have it near the company condo in Southern California

i tried to get this going 2 years back, but i done my knee in and couldnt walk for a while, there was H/Fish, wev tom grove and myself, i think San Diego was the venue.

Kevin H

i tried to get this going 2 years back, but i done my knee in and couldnt walk for a while, there was H/Fish, wev tom grove and myself, i think San Diego was the venue.

Roy set another one up I've met some of the best people from them all have a common interest, and best of all have a sense of humor :D theres some pretty good ribbing goes on at the one in Florida. I also wish it wasn't just 2 days a year because they are all great FRIENDS too me :loyal:

Nero

A M&G for the GTA would be great but there probably aren't many of us from that area on these forums.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Kevin H

A M&G for the GTA would be great but there probably aren't many of us from that area on these forums.

Anytime you want I'm hoping the Owls show up soon I'm a wildlife guy and out here in Ajax is good for that really busy if a rare bird comes around

Beanbagfrags

Tough crowd....

Sign me up. I definitely think we could get a few if not a bunch to be in. Either for owls in winter or song birds in spring.

Someone make the thread ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk