Tough crowd....But can be friendly

Nero

In all my time here, I've seen very few legit issues arise between members. This is one of the most peaceful forums I've ever seen.

If you want a tough crowd OP, I suggest you check out ThePhotoForum. Now that is a hive of elitism and arrogance. At least it was when I regularly went there. Lol

Nero

We did have one member in the wedding section that was a real piece of work. On someone else's work he said how can you expect to get good shots with a fat bride like that. He was crucified by everyone here. He never posted any links to his own work and only one photo he did was ever posted here. Some one tracked that photo down and attached it to his website. They then added that link here in the forum thread where he had said that about a bride and all the comments after. He started getting hate mail from all over the world. I thought it was funny. He messaged me and demanded that I take the link and all comment down and was not very nice to me about it either. So I just banned him for life.

No one here likes a bully. LOL
Oh wow, now I'm really curious.Lol

Boo. :(

I made all this popcorn for nothing now.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I found the thread but I had deleted most of the offending posts. I think I deleted at least 14 different posts. What is really so bad is the photographer he was bashing is in my opinion is probably the best wedding photographer I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. That being said I will show you the thread

http://nikonites.com/wedding/31478-amazing-light.html#axzz4RdImOjVj

And here is the offending post from "Love Nikon"
Sorry dont follow this ..saw these pics a few day ago and not impressed...

with wedding photography you need the right girl in the right dress with the right light ...

too old with big hips ...sorry does not cut it IMHO

Last edited:

Nero

Well, some people are so consumed with shallow jealousy and ego that they can't appreciate other people's good work, especially when that person is more skilled than them.

Nero

I think I remember seeing that thread now that I've read through it. Very suspicious how they trash someone's pics yet they make an excuse to not share any of their own images.

kevy73

I think I remember seeing that thread now that I've read through it. Very suspicious how they trash someone's pics yet they make an excuse to not share any of their own images.

Yep - appears very much like a current member too. Same M/O, same abruptness, same camera settings, same same same same.

Beanbagfrags. You will not find the screaming and shouting between members under "D3300" or "Videography" or even "Post your Bird Photos" its always in the Wedding section .I think this is because money is involved and reputation. Long standing members establish a reputation for excellence and have a following in the membership. Excellence is not however perfection. If some newbie dares to suggest something is not quite right then the heavens open on them.
Its a problem for the moderators as banning the long established member for over reacting would cause another outcry so the poor newbie gets pilloried or banned... Many sites don't have a wedding section for this reason.

When the newbe says things like "Love Nikon" did then he needs to be banned. Here is his post and by the way this is his website http://www.1and1photography.co.uk/

with wedding photography you need the right girl in the right dress with the right light ...

Anyone that would talk about the bride like this needs to go away. This was despicable.

Nero

When the newbe says things like "Love Nikon" did then he needs to be banned. Here is his post and by the way this is his website One & One Wedding Photography Warwickshire

Anyone that would talk about the bride like this needs to go away. This was despicable.
Not gonna lie, based on their website, "Love Nikon" isn't in a position to be giving advice about wedding photography. Their photos aren't horrible but they're also not something that can't be matched (or possibly even surpassed) by somebody with a smartphone.

The nature of their criticism is another thing entirely. Bodyshaming will not get you far in the wedding photography industry.

Last edited:

Beanbagfrags

Beanbagfrags. You will not find the screaming and shouting between members under "D3300" or "Videography" or even "Post your Bird Photos" its always in the Wedding section .I think this is because money is involved and reputation. Long standing members establish a reputation for excellence and have a following in the membership. Excellence is not however perfection. If some newbie dares to suggest something is not quite right then the heavens open on them.
Its a problem for the moderators as banning the long established member for over reacting would cause another outcry so the poor newbie gets pilloried or banned... Many sites don't have a wedding section for this reason.

I consider myself a new member and a hobbiest. Myself I have never been shut down when I try to voice my opinion, forums are about voicing opinions, but everything needs to be ethical and respectable. I would never tell someone publicly they are doing something wrong with the way the take photos/ post edit. If I am going to voice my opinion, I add a simple IMO before statement to allow the original poster or viewers of thread that it is my personal opinion and they can in a sense take the comment with a grain of salt.

I am a part of several forums, this being the only photography forum.

I enjoy viewing and hearing how people come to get the images they do. When I first joined, I uploaded all photos from my phone only through tapatalk to realize once a member pointed it out to me that there is no exif data this way. Without having this it was tough to get feedback from others, and even more so "veteran photographers" of how to improve my photos, or even achieve the style I shoot. All my work has been self taught and currently work on a trial basis. Given this...not every photo opportunity lets your change settings and try again.

My goal is to understand the settings needed to achieve the look/feel I'm striving for. I'm not in it for the money, although people buy my photos for "desktop wallpapers" off eBay. Even though I think they are more interested in the 5 star feedback given after there purchase ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanbagfrags

By no means was this thread created to "stir" the pot... I'm a very laid back...young guy who enjoys the stress relief of photography. I hope to grow with both knowledge and support from this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I add a simple IMO before statement to allow the original poster or viewers of thread that it is my personal opinion and they can in a sense take the comment with a grain of salt.

That is sort of like saying "No offense" before telling someone they stink. LOL

Just kidding with this statement.

Criticizing should never be done in this forum for any reason. Critique should only be done when asked for. My Mom always taught me that if you can not say something nice to not say anything at all. Critique should always start with what is good about the photo and then in a kind way say what you think might be better and then end on a overall good part of the photo. This make the critique a lot easier to take by the photographer. A negative critique will not be taken well at all and will tend to alienate everyone including the moderators.

robbins.photo

In all my time here, I've seen very few legit issues arise between members. This is one of the most peaceful forums I've ever seen.

If you want a tough crowd OP, I suggest you check out ThePhotoForum. Now that is a hive of elitism and arrogance. At least it was when I regularly went there. Lol
I'm part of a hive? Cool. :)

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

robbins.photo

I went to ThePhotoForum and saw no elitism or arrogance in the threads I viewed. Also saw no EXIF on photos.
Depends on how they are shared on most forums. On tpf the upload feature has a size restriction so I normally share mine from a Flickr acct.

So for mine at least you can see the exif on the Flickr page.

Also in the interest of full disclosure I really wanted to join a wretched hive of scum and villainy but couldn't afford airfare to Mos Eisley so tpf was the next big thing.. Lol.

But in all seriousness yes sometimes people do walk away from tpf a little hurt, usually it's when they post and ask for c&c and get it.

They were expecting more of a warm and fuzzy you are amazing response like what they get from friends and family, and what they get is a list of technical problems, composition errors, etc. Throws them for a loop.

For me I found it extremely helpful. Allowed me to view my own work in a much more critical fashion and helped me improve dramatically.

Nero

It wasn't even the critique that turned me off of the site, just the fact that it didn't seem to take much to spark a juvenile flame-war between members and even some of the mods. Lol

Though this was a few years ago so things may be different now.

robbins.photo

It wasn't even the critique that turned me off of the site, just the fact that it didn't seem to take much to spark a juvenile flame-war between members and even some of the mods. Lol

Though this was a few years ago so things may be different now.

Well haven't had too many problems since I've been there. There are a couple of topics that I've noted it's best to avoid but on the whole it's pretty calm.

Nero

Well haven't had too many problems since I've been there. There are a couple of topics that I've noted it's best to avoid but on the whole it's pretty calm.

Well, it's good to hear that things have matured over there. Might have to check the place out myself again sometime.