• 3. Needa

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am pulling images from a previous poll just to see how the polling feature works. Please feel free to vote for one. Marilynne's pic that was originally in the top 3 didn't carry over - most likely because it might have been posted in the old gallery. This might be a 2-step process like it was on the old forum so if you don't see any images initially, that might be why. Or it could be because I'm trying to figure out how this works. 😂
*I am now editing this to add a third choice - to see if editing will allow changes to be made. It appears to be a 2-step process. The body of the post has to be edited separately from the poll. I'm not doing any mentions since this is just a test.

1. blackstar

2022-08-15_16-18-11-diff-s-jpg.379201

2. Dangerspouse

dad-accordian-hand-b-w-2-1-of-1-jpg.379204

3. Needa

71d_7180-jpg.379159

Last edited:

ryan20fun

I am was able to successfully vote for the first of two entries.

I don't see images, only links of "
)".
I tried using a private window to test if it was extensions or transient issue, but I got the same result.
I am using FireFox v107

-Edit-
After posting, the link turns into an image, but does not show as such in the poll.
Would a screenshot help?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am was able to successfully vote for the first of two entries.

I don't see images, only links of "
)".
I tried using a private window to test if it was extensions or transient issue, but I got the same result.
I am using FireFox v107
How does it look now? I had to go in and edit the poll.

And for everyone, I have no way to change the size that the images display.

ryan20fun

I can see the images in the body of the first post with the names showing in the poll.

So I assume this means the test poll is successful?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I can see the images in the body of the first post with the names showing in the poll.

So I assume this means the test poll is successful?
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it!

It depends whether the Challenge Team will approve of doing it this way. It seems to be a work-around. @cwgrizz found an article referencing the problem this software has with polls. So hopefully something like this will work okay instead.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
If the wrong date to close the poll is listed, I don't see any way to change that during the editing process.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Since there isn't any way to change the end date of the poll, there is an option to delete the poll - and I *think* an option to add a poll to a thread. So that's what I'm going to try next.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay ... the the Weekly Challenge Team should have the ability to delete a poll and add a new one if there is a mistake. Since I deleted the poll and added a new one with a different ending date, the vote cast by @ryan20fun was deleted, too. This thread is just an observation of how the entire process works.

Needa

Challenge Team
Cindy, If the poll is edited by unchecking "Close this poll on XYZ" then saved, you can go back in and change the end date using hours, days , weeks or months but it retains the vote a least it did on my test.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Cindy, If the poll is edited by unchecking "Close this poll on XYZ" then saved, you can go back in and change the end date using hours, days , weeks or months but it retains the vote a least it did on my test.
Jeff, I went to edit, unchecked the end date. Where did you change the date?

Needa

Challenge Team
Jeff, I went to edit, unchecked the end date. Where did you change the date?
Hit save after you do that.This removes the end date. Then edit, again check the box to set the end date. It works for me on the new test poll I created.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hit save after you do that.This removes the end date. Then edit, again check the box to set the end date. It works for me on the new test poll I created.
Okay, Jeff, that worked. I modified the date on this test poll. Also corrected 2. Needa to 3. Needa to make sure those changes work also.

@hark

Needa

Challenge Team
I can see the images but there is no way to select one and there is no "vote now" button so how do I wote??
Screenshot from 2022-11-20 06-27-15.png

Several people have made numerous attempts to get it to work like the old voting system. Until something else can figured out the second part of the poll post will contain the image, name and or number to vote for. It will be necessary to go to the top to cast the vote.

Last edited: