1_orange

nikonite.JPG
EXIF
Camera: Nikon D3100
Exposure: 1/200 @ f/10
Focal length: 52mm
ISO: 400
Lens: Nikkor 18-105 f/3.5-5.6

Hi, I'm new here. I took this photo on my trip to the castle "Neuschwanstein". In this shot I've tried to not focus on the old bridge inbetween the cliffs, but the telescope everbody uses for watching the
bridge. I'd like to receive any type of critique (EXIF, colors,...) to improve the photo.
Thanks for every comment!!
:D

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice and crisp shot. The only thing I would have made different is to make sure the telescope was aiming toward the bridge creating a diagonal that would lead to the bridge. Now it seems to be leading outside the picture's frame.

1_orange

Thanks a lot for the comment! Unfourtunatly I took the picture just the way the telescope was, without moving it. I have made a similar shot from another view point at the same place. This time the telescope was better positioned, but again not perfectly aiming the object. Because of the rules of the thread I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post another photo her, but you can see it on my member gallery ;)

Viewpoint - Nikonites Gallery

1_orange

Thanks a lot for the comment! Unfourtunatly I took the picture just the way the telescope was, without moving it. I have made a similar shot from another view point at the same place. This time the telescope was better positioned, but again not perfectly aiming the object. Because of the rules of the thread I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post another photo her, but you can see it on my member gallery ;)

1_orange

Mr.Smith

Like Marcel has suggested, I would also be tempted to take the same shot again but put the bridge in focus and the scope out. just so you have both images.

1_orange

If now tried several times to write an answer, but it doesnt show up here... :confused:
Thanks a lot for the comments! Unfortunatly I haven't moved the telescope and just took the photo the way it was positioned.
@ Mr.Smith, you would take exactly the same, but focusing the bridge, and the scope blurred, or letting the telescope completely out of the picture?

I have taken a similar picture from another viewpoint/scenery, where the telescope is at least aiming in the direction of the castle. You can see it in my Member Gallery (I understood its not allowed to post two photos the same day)

AC016

Nice:) For me, perhaps have the telescope in the center of the frame and the have the bridge centered as well, above the telescope.

Mr.Smith

Let the scope be Blurred and the bridge in focus..

then I would be tempted to layer the image and have both in focus.. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

View attachment 15474
EXIF
Camera: Nikon D3100
Exposure: 1/200 @ f/10
Focal length: 52mm
ISO: 400
Lens: Nikkor 18-105 f/3.5-5.6

Hi, I'm new here. I took this photo on my trip to the castle "Neuschwanstein". In this shot I've tried to not focus on the old bridge inbetween the cliffs, but the telescope everbody uses for watching the
bridge. I'd like to receive any type of critique (EXIF, colors,...) to improve the photo.
Thanks for every comment!!
:D

Here's the deal. A telescope is an understood quantity, but the target is not.

If you have the Castle in focus and the telescope blurred in the foreground, then you emphasize the castle without having to highlight the telescope.

DWTHDIK?

1_orange

When I was there I didn't even try to let the telescope blurred, but sounds pretty logically what "Carolina Photo Guy" wrote ;) next time I will try yours, and "D5100Shooter" advice!

@Mr.Smith, did you mean something like this?
doblefocus.jpg

Again, thanks for all the feedback!! :D

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
When I was there I didn't even try to let the telescope blurred, but sounds pretty logically what "Carolina Photo Guy" wrote ;) next time I will try yours, and "D5100Shooter" advice!

@Mr.Smith, did you mean something like this?
View attachment 15487

Again, thanks for all the feedback!! :D

I like this one much better than the first one posted. Great.