Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC Test

vindex1963

Looks great! add some more shots to this thread when you can!

Thanks here is a quick one from the backyard.
9019471479_a1b9c6afe7_b.jpg

Rick M

Looks like the focus is dead on as far as having a "good copy" as they say. The dog shot with the eyes perfect and the nose/ears just starting to blur show this well.

vindex1963

Looks like the focus is dead on as far as having a "good copy" as they say. The dog shot with the eyes perfect and the nose/ears just starting to blur show this well.

I have to question if the good/bad copy isn't shooting technique at least sometimes. This one just like my Tamron 17-50 f/2.8--Tamron 70-300 VC /3.5-5.6--Tamron 28-105 f/2.8 all have spot on focus. I've never had a single issue with any Tamron.

papa2jaja

I have to question if the good/bad copy isn't shooting technique at least sometimes.
I'm not experienced enough to say yes or no to this, but my Tamron on the Canon was also good.

Poor QA with items in a mostly enthusiast market where people have high quality expectations (and will complain if something is wrong), would probably cause undesirably high cost on the after-sales end.

I think that while QA at a manufacturer producing for the lower price end may not be as diligent as at a high end manufacturer, the manufacturer would in his own best economical interest try to minimize customer complaints and warranty/guarantee issues and the resulting cost.

papa2jaja

I think a lot of people worry because it's 'not a Nikon'. And if a good one like this one gets a bit of bad press in some reviews, a lot of people steer away from them even more.