Sony A7r for $199 at Sony

AC016

I think his chances of the order being flagged for cancellation only increase by bringing it to the attention of a CS representative.

Granted the chances of the order slipping through the system and actually shipping are slim as it stands but, why make them zero?

I think his chances are already zero. Anyhow, if he actually gets one, i will certainly congratulate him ;)

Dxer

Well my situation with them sounds a little more unique. I still have not received any messages. But, I didn't register on their website. I paid though PayPal. So I doubt I will get a message from Sony. Although I did get a confirmation from Sony that the order has been received and has been back ordered. And Paypal is just saying that the transaction is still pending. I won't be contacting Sony for a while though. I am just going to sit on this for a bit just to see what happens.

AC016

I went on over to Sony's Facebook page (yikes!) and clicked on the "Posts to Page" on the left hand side of the page. Well, i have never seen such entitlement in one space as i did when i scrolled through peoples posts there. Holy sh*t!!! I cannot believe that people are going to get their knickers in a twist because they actually won't get a $2000 camera for $199. Pathetic to say the least.

J-see

I went on over to Sony's Facebook page (yikes!) and clicked on the "Posts to Page" on the left hand side of the page. Well, i have never seen such entitlement in one space as i did when i scrolled through peoples posts there. Holy sh*t!!! I cannot believe that people are going to get their knickers in a twist because they actually won't get a $2000 camera for $199. Pathetic to say the least.

I've read some too. Human nature at full force.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Well....I won't get my tighty whiteys in a twist if I don't get one. I just figure it's a chance I took, and H*O*P*E* it pans out. If not, nothing lost. If it does work out, great!

AC016

I'm all for trying and having a bit of hope. But, i think we have to be honest with ourselves and come to the conclusion that Sony was not selling $2000 cameras for $199. Rather, it was a pricing error. It baffles me that people feel so entitled to the point that they are saying Sony should never of cancelled the orders and should of actually sent them the camera for $199. It makes me sick.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I'm all for trying and having a bit of hope. But, i think we have to be honest with ourselves and come to the conclusion that Sony was not selling $2000 cameras for $199. Rather, it was a pricing error. It baffles me that people feel so entitled to the point that they are saying Sony should never of cancelled the orders and should of actually sent them the camera for $199. It makes me sick.

Can you post the Facebook link to Sony? I tried to find what you describe and can't find anything like that. I know it's true but I would like to read a few of the posts. Thanks.

AC016

Can you post the Facebook link to Sony? I tried to find what you describe and can't find anything like that. I know it's true but I would like to read a few of the posts. Thanks.

There is no "link" per se. Just go to their FB page, https://www.facebook.com/Sony, scroll down and you will see the Post to Page section on the far left. Click on that and a window will pop-up with peoples posts. Enjoy the whining.

Dxer

Yepp, there is a bit of complaining about the cancellations. But the majority of the complaints I have seen is that Sony charged and took money from some of these people and have not refunded. That is a legit gripe there. If you are going to cancel orders, do not charge them.

carguy

That's Awesome ^^^^

The amount of hypocritical entitled whining on a few camera related facebook groups is astounding.
I'm sure most would be glad to provide their photo services at a 90% discount to many clients in the spirit of doing what's right....

TedG954

I want it! I want it! I WANT IT!
Don't tell me you can't!
Yes you can!
IIIIIIIII WAAAANT IT!
GIMME IT. GIMMIE IT!
WAHHHHH!

crying-baby.jpg

pkzipper

I just received the cancellation in my email (no account with Sony). It has a $200 old on my credit card though so hopefully that will disappear. I had 1% hope but knew it'll get cancelled.

AC016

One guy just posted a screenshot of his shipping info from FedEx. Sony re-called the package from FedEx and is taking the camera back, lol :)

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Well.......I guess it caught up with me....Sony cancelled my order due to lack of product availability. It was worth the try...but I wasn't too excited except when I pressed the 'order' button. Thanks for your hoping for me @TedG954.