Sigma 100-400 image sample thread (post yours if you have one)

mikew_RIP

DSC_2002.jpg

mikew_RIP

Now that you have spent several weeks using this lens what is your opinion and observations?

Up to now ime pleased with it, the only thing i would say is if your birding and can manage it go for a 150-600,the extra reach will come in handy,i knew this before buying but they are just too heavy for me.

NealB

Up to now ime pleased with it, the only thing i would say is if your birding and can manage it go for a 150-600,the extra reach will come in handy,i knew this before buying but they are just too heavy for me.
I already have a Sigma 150-600mm Sport that I use on my D810. I am looking for something lighter with decent reach that I can use on my D500 for those times I just wander around with no particular project in mind. Some times I will wander around for a half of day and don't want to carry a camera, super heavy lens and a tripod. I could just take this lens and my 16-80mm and have most things covered with little weight and no backpack.

Blacktop

If I had the money ,I would pick one up just so you wouldn't be the only one posting in this thread.:)

mikew_RIP

I already have a Sigma 150-600mm Sport that I use on my D810. I am looking for something lighter with decent reach that I can use on my D500 for those times I just wander around with no particular project in mind. Some times I will wander around for a half of day and don't want to carry a camera, super heavy lens and a tripod. I could just take this lens and my 16-80mm and have most things covered with little weight and no backpack.

While waiting for a sort out with my gear i was using d7100 70-300,i find the 100-400 a lot nicer than the 70-300 and more use.

NealB

While waiting for a sort out with my gear i was using d7100 70-300,i find the 100-400 a lot nicer than the 70-300 and more use.
Thank you Mike for you sharing your experience with this lens. I already have 3 different Sigma lenses which I am satisfied with so I tend to look at Sigma first before exploring other brands.

mikew_RIP

I have been getting a little bit down about IQ so have done some research through my images.
It looks like as I have been getting used to the lens and started stopping it down I am getting less detailed results.
My best images are wide open, i know stopping down will give me slower shutter speeds and possibly higher iso but it looks to go beyond this.

Don't think I will complain as most photographers would give their high teeth for a lens that gave its best wide open.Going to shoot wide open for a few weeks and look again.

TKC_D500

I have been getting a little bit down about IQ so have done some research through my images.
It looks like as I have been getting used to the lens and started stopping it down I am getting less detailed results.
My best images are wide open, i know stopping down will give me slower shutter speeds and possibly higher iso but it looks to go beyond this.

Don't think I will complain as most photographers would give their high teeth for a lens that gave its best wide open.Going to shoot wide open for a few weeks and look again.

Interesting. This is the second review I've read where this was stated. I would have expected it to be sharpest when stopped down a stop. Still doesn't make me want one as a walking around at the park lens any Less though.

Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikew_RIP

Interesting. This is the second review I've read where this was stated. I would have expected it to be sharpest when stopped down a stop. Still doesn't make me want one as a walking around at the park lens any Less though.

Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i can get out again if wide open settles my niggles then it will just stay wide open.