Scotts best of 2017

Scott Murray

Well after trialling my Epson SureColor SC-P800 A2 printer on A4, I ordered some Roll paper from imagescience.com.au.
The reason why I ordered from Image science was a) because they provided ICC profiles of the paper b) they provide great how to's on printing etc.
Well today the Roll Paper arrived, and my first challenge was to print a Panorama. It did take a few goes to line up the roll paper into the feeder but this was still quite painless (just follow the prompts).
With my editing I mainly use Lightroom (95%) but for some reason I still cannot get my head around their print settings, so what I do is export the image at the largest size and then open it in Epson Print Layout. So far this has also been painless and hassle free.
fb_img_1500363853102.jpg

The speed of the printing is reasonable and nice and quiet. I think I may need another table to allow for the print to rest on whilst coming out of the feeder.
Here you can slowly see the 17x40inch print taking shape.
fb_img_1500364240986.jpg

20170718_173203-01.jpg

The colour reproduction is awesome and the details are amazing. Now I need to start doing large matting and framing I think.
20116843_1504432179579690_7532109875706767756_o.jpg

20170718_175254.jpg

Well anyway I think it turned out well for my first one. Leave any comments below if you like.

Scott Murray

I've been wondering what you've been up to Mr Murray, bout time you posted some pics ;)
Hey mate yeah been just enjoying taking the odd photo and not over doing it.

I seem to have an issue with my right elbow of late, might be 'Tennis Elbow' or similar. Comes and goes.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well after trialling my Epson SureColor SC-P800 A2 printer on A4, I ordered some Roll paper from imagescience.com.au.
The reason why I ordered from Image science was a) because they provided ICC profiles of the paper b) they provide great how to's on printing etc.
Well today the Roll Paper arrived, and my first challenge was to print a Panorama. It did take a few goes to line up the roll paper into the feeder but this was still quite painless (just follow the prompts).
With my editing I mainly use Lightroom (95%) but for some reason I still cannot get my head around their print settings, so what I do is export the image at the largest size and then open it in Epson Print Layout. So far this has also been painless and hassle free.
fb_img_1500363853102.jpg

The speed of the printing is reasonable and nice and quiet. I think I may need another table to allow for the print to rest on whilst coming out of the feeder.
Here you can slowly see the 17x40inch print taking shape.
fb_img_1500364240986.jpg

20170718_173203-01.jpg

The colour reproduction is awesome and the details are amazing. Now I need to start doing large matting and framing I think.
20116843_1504432179579690_7532109875706767756_o.jpg

20170718_175254.jpg

Well anyway I think it turned out well for my first one. Leave any comments below if you like.

Good job on printing that great shot!

Ironwood

Hey mate yeah been just enjoying taking the odd photo and not over doing it.

I seem to have an issue with my right elbow of late, might be 'Tennis Elbow' or similar. Comes and goes.
Could be that RSI called "Beer Can Elbow" :D

Seriously though, I hope its nothing serious.

Hey, that printer is looking good.

Scott Murray

Well been doing more camping and keeping away from the computer alot. It has just been the last few weeks that I have started to enjoy getting the camera out again.

Here are some shots in no particular order.

Getting phone reception on top of an old mine hill.

Untitled by Scott Murray, on Flickr

Camp set up at a secret camping spot, even with the thousands of tourists visiting this time of year we still have secret out of the way spots all to ourselves.

My old girl loaned by a mate, still going strong and loving the bush.

The beautiful swimming spot at the 'SECRET SPOT' all to our selves.

My cooling off spot.

Cahills crossing is just down the road, and for many an unsuspecting human has been lost here. I do not advise selfie taking at this spot, but this Italian tourist was oblivious to the dangers.

Large saltwater crocodiles inhabit this bit, numbering up to 30-40 at this time of year hunting the mullet swimming with the tides.

Heres what happens when you try and cross at the change of tide, even though it may not be deep it is fast flowing with a lot of force.

Ironwood

Some excellent wildlife photography there Scott. I've never seen Crocs actively feeding on fish like that before. Are they taken with your 200-500 ?