Savannah, GA photographer here!

AmandaGearSolid

Hello fellow photographers!

My name's Amanda and I'm an amateur photographer from Savannah, Georgia. I've been interested in photography for a long time (my mom tells a story of me taking her camera without permission when I was about 4 years old and taking a picture of her cigarettes and lighter) but I didn't start taking it seriously until I was about 16 or 17. I recently just purchased the D3100 that I named Noriko (I'm a huge fan of the movie Noriko's Dinner Table). A few weeks later, when I went to buy a camera bag, I bought a NIKON camera bag which is when I realized I was probably something of a NiSnob. I'm okay with that, though. :)

I'm here because I want to communicate and receive feedback from pros and other photographers in general. Local photographers would be great! I have friends who like to take pictures...but none of them take photography quite as seriously as I do.

Good to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Joseph Bautsch

Hello, And welcome to the Nikonites Community. We have a great bunch of people here who will be glad to help you in any way they can. The D3100 is a great camera. If you have any questions this is a good place to get answers. You can help us help you if you would finish filling out your profile, with your camera equipment and a little something about your self. That way we will know who we are talking to and what kind of equipment you have. This is also a good place to hang around and talk photography. Enjoy.

AmandaGearSolid

Hello, And welcome to the Nikonites Community. We have a great bunch of people here who will be glad to help you in any way they can. The D3100 is a great camera. If you have any questions this is a good place to get answers. You can help us help you if you would finish filling out your profile, with your camera equipment and a little something about your self. That way we will know who we are talking to and what kind of equipment you have. This is also a good place to hang around and talk photography. Enjoy.

Thanks for such a warm welcome, Joseph! I was actually trying to fill out the profile with my camera equipment and whatnot but it wouldn't save the information for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi, Amanda, and welcome to the forum! This is really a great place to learn and share. What a great way to get into photography . . . you already really knew at age 4! I, also, give my cameras names LOL My D200 is "Sofia" and the D2X is "George Clooney", (because that's the only way I will ever get my hands on George! LOL)

Start posting questions, ideas, pics, and get involved in the weekly challenges and critiques. You will learn a lot. . . . and here's a little post about Nikonites on my blog: Expand Your Skills

Looking forward to your participation!

Best Regards

AmandaGearSolid

Hi, Amanda, and welcome to the forum! This is really a great place to learn and share. What a great way to get into photography . . . you already really knew at age 4! I, also, give my cameras names LOL My D200 is "Sofia" and the D2X is "George Clooney", (because that's the only way I will ever get my hands on George! LOL)

Start posting questions, ideas, pics, and get involved in the weekly challenges and critiques. You will learn a lot. . . . and here's a little post about Nikonites on my blog: Expand Your Skills

Looking forward to your participation!

Best Regards

Hi, Helene! I checked out some of your work and you're a wonderful photographer! I love your camera names, too!

And I have to name my electronics. I feel they last longer if I name them because it gives them a human quality which makes me want to treat them better and think twice about leaving, let's say, my MP3 player (named Lola) out in my car overnight. :) Thanks for the welcome!

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Miss Amanda. :) You've met Joseph. He hangs out by the front door of Nikonites, welcoming everyone he sees. :) And our lovely Helene (our very own resident momma). ;)
Pretty soon you'll meet everyone here, and all willing and able to help you in any way. Giving names to your cameras! You girls are nuts! lol :) Oh well....if it works, why not! :)
So jump in, don't be shy, and enjoy your stay with us. :)

ChrisM

Hi Amanda! You'll love it here, everyone is super nice and helpful ;) I have the D3100 as well, although mine doesn't have a name ;) I'm also super close to you ... i'm right up in Charleston, SC

As for the forum not saving your info, are you using the new version of IE ... I had the same issue with that version and had to enter mine from a different computer to get it to save.

Mike150

Naming your camera... Now that's a concept I hadn't heard of. I guess I'd have to call mine Anita, as in ANITA lot more lenses and accessories.

AmandaGearSolid

Thank you, everyone, for all the welcomes! Everyone's so nice and so talented here! I've been going through the pictures in the upload section--there's some incredible work here.

ChrisM - You ARE insanely close. Right over the Talmadge Bridge and I'm there! And we even have the same camera. That's pretty awesome! :)

Mike150 - Over time, after being around me for so long, my friends have started to name their items as well. Why stop at just giving your car a name?

fotojack - This is definitely the friendliest bunch of photographers I've come across (not that they have a rep of being mean or anything lol). Looking forward to replying to other threads and whatnot!

ChrisM

Yep ... I think it's around an hour or so. We'll have to try to make plans to get together sometime, either here or there and take some photos. Both Savannah and Charleston have so many gorgeous historic places to photograph.

theregsy

Hello fellow photographers!

My name's Amanda and I'm an amateur photographer from Savannah, Georgia. I've been interested in photography for a long time (my mom tells a story of me taking her camera without permission when I was about 4 years old and taking a picture of her cigarettes and lighter) but I didn't start taking it seriously until I was about 16 or 17. I recently just purchased the D3100 that I named Noriko (I'm a huge fan of the movie Noriko's Dinner Table). A few weeks later, when I went to buy a camera bag, I bought a NIKON camera bag which is when I realized I was probably something of a NiSnob. I'm okay with that, though. :)

I'm here because I want to communicate and receive feedback from pros and other photographers in general. Local photographers would be great! I have friends who like to take pictures...but none of them take photography quite as seriously as I do.

Good to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie to the forum, I have only been here for a few weeks and I have not encountered a more friendly helpful group, I love the fact that you have named your camera my D2x gets referred to as the brick, not unkindly. Anyway hello form the far side of the Atlantic :)

johnwartjr

Welcome Amanda

I don't think I've ever named a camera, although I've named a lot of other things I've had over the years :0)

Glad to have you here!