Rumor: Nikon buying Samsung Mirrorless - FX on the way?

salukfan111

Re: What do you think about Nikon MIRRORLESS?

It's about survival. Nikon will need to adapt a Mirrorless or Global shutter system to remain relevant. If not, they go the way of the dinosaurs. Nikon will not survive this progress if they do not adapt.

Sony is for all purposes dead in the water. Their bonds trade at junk status. No threat to Nikon.

SkvLTD

Meanwhile I'll just wait for lower and lower pricing on AW1 because IMO that has been a truly useful idea considering how costly going splashy costs otherwise.

Otherwise still not sure on whole FX mirrorless note - would cost an arm and a leg while there are at least 2 bodies that would outperform in all factor but perhaps shutter speed for a solid fraction of the cost.

mikew_RIP

I hate to say this out loud but with players like Olympus in the mirrorless market Nikon are looking for and need something very special to attack with,( this statement will self destruct very soon:D)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I hate to say this out loud but with players like Olympus in the mirrorless market Nikon are looking for and need something very special to attack with,( this statement will self destruct very soon:D)

And Sony, and Fuji ..... totally agree.