RON's 52 in 2015

RON_RIP

Thanks to all who liked this photo and those who made kind comments. This was a desperation shot as I was coming up on my self-imposed deadline with nothing in the can, as you movie types say. So I took a Sunday drive looking for snowy woodland vistas and came across this old tower in North Park. This was the only frame that came close to being any good. Got to get an earlier start in the coming weeks. Can not even imagine doing a 365 and my hat is off to those that do.

RON_RIP

This is the forecourt of my apartment building. Everyone else is playing with low light these days, so why not me. _AAA4277 - Version 2 - 2015-01-18 at 20-05-17.jpg

RON_RIP

Week 4 is another, literal shot in the dark. it was already too late to get a proper photo and i had to post process it a lot. Thank heavens for raw files_AAA4289 - Version 2 - 2015-01-22 at 18-51-23.jpg

There is something about church doors i can not resist.

RON_RIP

Some match photos to song titles. I try to match photos sometimes to book titles or lines of poetry. So I set out today to create a photo based on the title of a book I enjoyed," Snow on Cedar" but I could not find" a suitable cedar so I had to rename my project "Snow on Spruce" I suppose I will now have to write a novel of that title to match my photo_AAA4324 - Version 2 - 2015-02-01 at 17-23-29.jpg

RON_RIP

Thanks Vixen. I am still stalking a suitable cedar before the snow disappears. I see the book as a murder mystery, with someone going around and murdering phonotographers. Could the perpetrator be a disgruntled photographer? The list of suspects would be endless. And of corse, the book cover will feature one of @wud's gloomy landscapes.

Blacktop

Some match photos to song titles. I try to match photos sometimes to book titles or lines of poetry. So I set out today to create a photo based on the title of a book I enjoyed," Snow on Cedar" but I could not find" a suitable cedar so I had to rename my project "Snow on Spruce" I suppose I will now have to write a novel of that title to match my photoView attachment 138074

Who would do such a silly thing?:eek:

RON_RIP

The sharpness of the needles comes through very well in that photograph.
Thanks George. I used the old nifty 50 for that photo. While I am a confirmed zoom lens user it is liberating to shoot accasionally with a prime. As an aside, that tree is visible from my kitchen window and was the first photo I took that day and the only one that I liked. I did have to wade thru snow to get around to a branch that I liked the look of. Maybe I will get some more primes.

Moab Man

I always tell people when you get your first prime its like a whole upgrade. Bang for buck you just can't beat it. I'm seriously looking at a 300mm f/4. I shoot so much at the long end that I'm tired of giving up the quality. Additionally, review after review, it doesn't really lose anything using a 1.4 teleconvertor.

RON_RIP

Long lenses are not my cup of tea as I have trouble holding them steady and would always have to use a tripod. Since I shoot a lt on the fly I need to stick with lighter weight lenses that I can handle. But will probably pick up a TOKINA 100 mm this year and possibly one more prime but will have to give that one much more thought. Does the desire to acquire never cease?