Rokinon 14mm on Nikon D750

Blacktop

Correct. that is why I said the Default setting. I was quite surprised when I put my 11-16 on the camera and it looked great. I then noticed the file size was a lot lower. That is when I discovered the setting and what the default from Nikon was.

Glad you're enjoying the lens. Perhaps I undercharged. Lunch is on you if I ever get down that way.:cheerful:

Sure. Love Mickey Dees. Although the service has gone into the crapper lately and most times the fries are not very fresh.

In traveling around and eating there in many places I find it is all up to the management at the local location. There are three here in town and one is always better than the other two. The employees at that one will actually look at you and smile when waiting on you

Danno

Those look really good. Liked the perspective in the church as well. I guess the wide angle will be coming before the 150-600 :)

donaldjledet

I have the tamron 15-30m.m 2.8 Its my first wide angle.
And you are correct my first few shots were terrible
Cause i shoot the long zooms most of the time.

I have the tamron 15-30m.m 2.8 Its my first wide angle.
And you are correct my first few shots were terrible
Cause i shoot the long zooms most of the time.

I really like the horizon control in the D750 since it shows both directions. Easy to get it completely level. Now it it would do that over live view I would be very happy.

Nice work. That lens is like a big glass doorknob.

Shot some with it this evening. Really great results outside.

Here is one shot in the back yard of a house I was working at this evening. No distortion correction other than the default that Lightroom does in its lens profiles. I jsut made sure the camera was level in both directions using the virtual horizon built into the D750 and showing over the live view screen

01-13-16_0026 NIKON D750 14 mm 1-60 sec at f - 22 ISO 1600.jpg
NIKON D750 14 mm 1/60 sec at f-22 ISO 1600

Last edited:

Blade Canyon

Here's a shot I made with the same lens on a D600 from the top of a lighthouse.

16203926194_5f7ae93bf8_k.jpg

And the outside view from the top of the same lighthouse:

16640185819_d593603417_b.jpg

Either the lens distorted the horizon or the lens is so wide that it shows the curvature of the Earth!

Deezey

I have been looking hard at this lens but it seems to be a dust magnet. Anyone notice any dust getting into their lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Englischdude

i have this lens. it is marketed under the label WALIMEX here in europe but it is made by the same manufacturer SAMYANG in Korea. The added bonus is that is is also fantastic for IR as there is absolute minimal flare and no hotspots.

dsc_4204.jpg

dsc_4380.jpg

I finally got a chance to take this lens into the old abandoned building I have been shooting for a while. this is the main reason I wanted/needed a super wide. I used the Virtual horizon to get the camera level in both directions and was on a tripod when shooting these two. There was absolutely no correction for distortion in either of these photos. These are the shots that will show up if anything is off in the slightest bit.

01-16-16_0044-2_nikon_d750_14_mm_1-3_sec_at_f_-_8.0_iso_100.jpg

01-16-16_0035-2_nikon_d750_14_mm_1.0_sec_at_f_-_8.0_iso_100.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I finally got a chance to take this lens into the old abandoned building I have been shooting for a while. this is the main reason I wanted/needed a super wide. I used the Virtual horizon to get the camera level in both directions and was on a tripod when shooting these two. There was absolutely no correction for distortion in either of these photos. These are the shots that will show up if anything is off in the slightest bit.

01-16-16_0044-2_nikon_d750_14_mm_1-3_sec_at_f_-_8.0_iso_100.jpg

Does your tripod head have more than one bubble level on it? This first photo looks like the camera was tilted up just slightly. It's barely noticeable, but there is a hint of parallax going on. That can be seen in the two closest supports (they are closer together at their bases than at their tops), and the closest windows on each side show the edges aren't quite parallel to the sides of the photo.

Amazing shots none-the-less! I need to spend more time with my 14mm lens. Generally I tend to carry no more than 3 lenses with me due to the weight of my bag which happen to be three zooms. Glad you are enjoying your lens. I remember you commented several times about wanting a 14mm! :)

BackdoorArts

Here is what DxO Viewpoint can do. Remember this shot?

01-07-16_0009_nikon_d750_14_mm_1-50_sec_at_f_-_8.0_iso_100.jpg

Here is is after correcting it with Viewpoint. Took about a minute to do the correction

View attachment 193558

FYI, if it hasn't been mentioned, LR and ACR will do this as well. In the Lens Correction section there are various evaluation buttons that will auto-correct, either for Verticals, Horizontals, Full Perspective and an "Auto" which evaluates all of it and attempts to correct it in a balanced way (it's very good most of the time).

Here's your shot with the Full Perspective correction...

01-07-16_0009_nikon_d750_14_mm_1-50_sec_at_f_-_8.0_iso_100.jpg

Not a whole lot different than Viewpoint. My reason for posting is not to knock Viewpoint in any way but to simply state that if anyone reading didn't know that these features exist in software they may already have then they should check it out before thinking they may have to spend more money. Between the Lens Correction section in Lr and Free Transform in Ps I'm covered for this stuff.