Rick's Olympus Images

Rick M

I would put a tamzooka on that thing.:very_drunk:

Next year they are releasing a 600mm f4, that will be my Olyzooka :). For now I've pre-ordered the new 80-300 2.8 (Fx). Waiting on this beauty any day now,

Olympus-M.ZUIKO-DIGITAL-ED-40-150mm-f2.8-PRO-lens-on-OM-D-camera.jpg

(image credit: Photorumors)

Rick M

A few close-ups with the 24-80 2.8 pro. Last spring I planted 5 holly bushes as a background for my birding shots and a source of winter bird food. They will grow to about 8' tall.

PB160004.jpg

PB160006.jpg

Blacktop

@RickM I have to ask about the size of that camera. You said that you switched brands because the Nikons were getting a little to big to carry around. To me this Oly doesn't seem that much smaller. I know you can't get a good prespective viewing web images. Is it maybe the size of a D3100?

Rick M

@RickM I have to ask about the size of that camera. You said that you switched brands because the Nikons were getting a little to big to carry around. To me this Oly doesn't seem that much smaller. I know you can't get a good prespective viewing web images. Is it maybe the size of a D3100?

It is slightly smaller than a d3100, mostly not as thick. The big difference is the pro glass is about 1/2 the size/weight of Nikon. The other thing is no mirror slap, you can get away with a much smaller tripod.

Rick M

Just checked my pre-order of the 80-300 2.8 Pro, order sent to the warehouse for shipping! I may have to take Friday off for playtime! :)