Project 365 2013 - A Learning Journey/Moab Man

Moab Man

Day 349, 2013 - Ring

A quick photo while the ring was on my wife's hand.

Day349Ring.jpg

Moab Man

Day 350, 2013 - Waiting for a Sunset

Went out to the park because the clouds were setting up nice for a sunset. While waiting I saw this little boy trudging through the snow.
Day350Boy.jpg

And then my sunset came and it was just ok. However, walking back home I turned for one last look when I saw this brief flare up of color. Some of the great coloring is due to our bad air inversion here in the mountain valley. It always enhances or trashes colors.
Day350Sunset.jpg

Moab Man

Day 352, 2013 - United States Air Force Nikon D4's

Today, at school, we participated in the Mission To Mars program hosted by Hill Air Base, UT. Since the United States Air Force is the major sponsor they of course had their photogs there to cover the event. I've never seen so many D4's in one place. I went up and asked the pictured airman and he told me the Nikon D4 is the issued camera for Air Force photographers. So my picture of the day are two of many D4's everywhere in the room.

Day352NikonD4s.jpg

Bill16

Wow I love the rich colors in the second shot! Awesome job my friend! :D
Day 350, 2013 - Waiting for a Sunset

Went out to the park because the clouds were setting up nice for a sunset. While waiting I saw this little boy trudging through the snow.
View attachment 62704

And then my sunset came and it was just ok. However, walking back home I turned for one last look when I saw this brief flare up of color. Some of the great coloring is due to our bad air inversion here in the mountain valley. It always enhances or trashes colors.
View attachment 62705

Moab Man

Day 354, 2013 - Snow Tree

A day of heavy wet snow; something we just don't get here. Made for some spectacular photos. I continue to fall even more in love with my D7100. This photo was taken at 9 p.m. - well after dark.

Day354Tree.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

Day 354, 2013 - Snow Tree

A day of heavy wet snow; something we just don't get here. Made for some spectacular photos. I continue to fall even more in love with my D7100. This photo was taken at 9 p.m. - well after dark.
George, Excellent shot of the wet snow on the tree... Really like it..

Pat in NH

Last edited:

Moab Man

Day 356, 2013 - Christmas Photos

Shooting photos of a Christmas impromptu Santa hand-out when this picture got photo-bombed.

This shot, along with all the others, was shot with a flash bounced off the ceiling. What do you do about the shiny skin reflections/glasses? And do you do anything about the reddish skin which is from warmth and a little festive drinking? Any input would be appreciated.

D7100, 35mm prime, f/4.5, ISO 160, shutter 160th

Day356Christmas.jpg

Last edited: