Project 2012 - (Every now and then...)

stamatisg2002

Ok, these three are the only acceptable and the only ones remaining that I shot with this superb lens (sadly, no more with me).

seashell_sm.jpg

crystal_sm.jpg

pencil_sm.jpg

stamatisg2002

Another photo, specially for Pete to draw a new painting based on this photo...

painting2_1.jpg

For informational purposes only, this is the island of Samothrace viewed from Alexandroupolis during an unusually clear afternoon...

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
And two new portraits for today!

View attachment 9509

This is the one I prefer even if I find it a little blurred. There is a portrait rule (maybe more a convention like the rule of thirds) that say you should have more space in front of the face than in the back of the head. This one might be improved by cropping in the back of her too. But her expression makes all the rules unimportant. Great capture of her personality.

Eye-level

Banned
She is a very beautiful little thing! Talk about a smile that launched a million ships... :)

Stamatis that second picture is a very special very good B&W sir...crop it like they say and put it into the master portfolio...it is a very first rate snap...

Squint your eyes real tight and look at it for a while then you'll find out where to crop it at... ;)

Last edited:

stamatisg2002

Today, I went to a mini photo excursion to a nearby town with some medieval castle ruins. The hill where the ruins are, is full of these small flowers. More photos to come later tonight.

rock_flowers_sm.jpg

stamatisg2002

Actually Wendy, there isn't a castle any more, just some ruins and parts of the outer wall. I think the ruins are even before the middle ages, during the byzantine empire. As long as my internet connection stabilises, I'll post some photos of the walls.

stamatisg2002

Finally I got rid of my laptop's problems, so I'm posting a few photos. Yesterday we went for a quick shopping trip in Edirne, Turkey (for who asks, for us it's a 20 min drive to Turkey). It is the Selimiye Mosque, by Sinan, a former Greek guy during the Ottoman Empire ruling.

selimiye mosque_II_sm.jpg

edirne_street_sm.jpg

Today, we went for the Easter feast to my grandparents' house. I got tha chance to go for a photoshoot walk around the village.

flag_sm.jpg

forest_river_sm.jpg