Project 2012 - (Every now and then...)

stamatisg2002

Just to clear some thing here:
1)None with common sense (especially a hobbyist) would go and take photagraphs of riots just for the fun of it. Secondly it degrades the image of our country.
2)These "riots" are only limited in Athens. Our country is not a chaotic and violent place as some certain "others".
3)Yes, we have financial problems, that's our problem.
4)Having experienced first hand, what these "fine gentlemen" do, I have every right to be biased against them, their countries of origin and their beliefs. I don't put everything in a bucket, but some issues are very serious and sensitive here.
5)This topic is only to display and talk about photograps I have taken, or photography in general.

Please "respected member" refrain to post to this topic again. Conversation is over.

To the mods: I'm sorry if I have gone too far for it. But some scars take time to heal.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Eye-level

Banned
OK...well he shoots cats and shipping stuff and other stuff...look on Reuter's if you want to see that other sh!t...they have better equipment then Stamatis anyway...don't think that every Greek person is some weak sniveling bailout or whatever...you may be real surprised about that.

UmarPk

Banned
HANG ON ONE MINUTE...the well respected member from bail out Greece is well respected on this site...if you think anyone on this site's stuff is "unnecessary rubbish" perhaps you should keep your negative opinion to yourself or maybe be a little more suave and tasteful about it you know.

Who are you anyway? What have you done? You have a Nikon? You have some pictures? You like cats? LOL

Who are you anyway? What have you done? You have a Nikon? You have some pictures? You like cats?

Sir no need to reflect opinions of yourself onto me. I am Biologist and Researcher, I specialize in Cell Biology & Genetics.

Now a better question is who are you and what have you done? Anything which contributes to humanity? Or just your photo gallery?

Regards, UmarPK

stamatisg2002

Even if I'man astronaut, Nobel Prize winner, politician (not corrupted), a farmer or a lazy bum whining Greek citizen, I think that contributes to humanity has nothing to do with photography. It's very rude to ask someone to photograph something that degrades him or his country. Some common sensitivity applies here. As I said before, this conversation in MY photo thread is over. This site is on exchanging opinions on photography with good intentions and humor.

Eye-level

Banned
UmarPk you are from Washington DC and you mean to tell me you have the nuts to criticize Greek citizens and pigeon hole them all? LOL Dude don't make me go get all my Greek friends from Flickr and show you what Greece is really about...LOL

Eye-level

Banned
Greek women have the most beautiful bodies in the world. They are going to be around for a long long time yet. The USA already did the bailout stuff and continues to do the bail out stuff with corporate welfare and war mongers. The only way it will work is if everyone sits downs and says ok it is about the survival of the country not the corporations not the bankers. The people. Democracy. Thank you Greece your heritage and ideas may save the world yet.

stamatisg2002

Another photo from the other day!

ekklisaki1sm.jpg

Carroll

Another photo from the other day

Stamatis, I really like how the light filters through the trees and grass with Sun rays visible! This IMO, is a great capture. To me, and for my taste, you could almost crop out the church(?) or do some PS work on the Sun refractions.

All in all, your skill as a photographer really shows in the composition. I enjoy looking at your images. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing!