Pretzel and the Gypsy King - A Tale of Adventure (cum a spus de fotografie) for 2015

Pretzel

congrats on the new camera Pretzel....but I was wondering why in the 2nd picture, the right side of it is darker than the rest of the image?

Shooting through a fence. I caught more of the chain link when I rotated to catch the batter walking off. Kinda liked the feel though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretzel

Nice acquisition on the D750 @Pretzel. :encouragement: I do have bad news for your wallet however. The 24-120 is a helluva lens, but if you're going to shoot baseball games, a 70-200 f/2.8 might be in order.:cheerful:

Would I even dare to suggest a D500? No, I wouldn't don't dare!:cool:

Haha! I battled between the D500 and D750 for a whole week, but full frame won. With the grip, the FPS is more than enough for me, and can't wait to nab some amazing landscapes and cleaner night shots! 70-200 sure would be nice, but may go for the 85 1.8 and a g2 150-600 instead...

Then a nice ultra wide, and... and....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretzel

A couple at first, now a... gaggle? The same goose couple has nested at our work building for two years, now, so today I went on a wild goose chase! No ponds nearby, no streams, just grass, flowerbeds and parking lots. LOL

Before lunch, mama watching over her kiddos....

BTCGeese2.jpg

AFTER lunch, the kiddos splashing around in a nearby puddle!

BTCGeese1.jpg

Pretzel

The best camera in the world is the one you have with you when the opportunity for a shot presents itself, right?

First, kids playing in a wonderfully lit up splash garden... I've always loved the oil paint filter in PS, and it helped anonymize the kiddos in the process, so here ya go. "Midsummer night's Dream..."

MidsummerNight2.jpg

And then, just tonight, I was driving home from a free outside concert when I spotted the "hillside" climbing up to a highway that passes over the road I was taking home. Right time, steep hill (but not to steep for m' Jeep!), and a kind officer who CHOSE not to see me climbing the hill to get this shot. Just a little touch of the "glow" when I got home, and here's my new fave pic of my new baby. "Sunset #Jeeplife"

JeepSunsetBanner.jpg

Both taken with my "eye" and an iPhone, then creatively tweaked. LOL Hope ya enjoy 'em.

Pretzel

Not really a special pic or anything fancy in this one, but showing off my new toy while she was flying the flag last week... Is this where I say, 'MURICA?

JeepNamedJane1-smaller.jpg

Pretzel

Then, just goofing around after an adventure today, me and my lady (Cassie), a B&W we shot right before the goof off pics, and one random GoPro pic I found from a recent wandering... See y'all on the flipside.

JeepPose1.jpg

JeepPose2.jpg

JeepB&W.jpg

JeepB&W2.jpg

Pretzel

I've still been active. Not as much as before, but loving the D750! I've also been GREATLY enjoying the Jeep... :D

Roamed out into the wilderness with this group to find a few sights that "most" will never see.

Muskogee7.jpg

Like this cliff way up over a nearby lake...

Muskogee15.jpg

...and this very quiet area of a local trout stream, where the ice cold water hitting the August heat and humidity created a fog over the water.

Muskogee18.jpg

The cutest pic ever, though, was at our staging area where a young man found a young lady, and they quickly decided hand holding would be a good idea.

I titled this one, "Wait... you DID say you have a Jeep, RIGHT?" How opportune was it that they just happened to be walking right in front of MY Jeep? ;) I tried to keep the focus more on them than my four wheeled mistress, though.

Muskogee4.jpg

Pretzel

And just toying around shooting other things that I shoot recently...

CreativeFirearms1.jpg

Both of the below were longer exposure light painting experiments. First one with a flourescent flashlight.

CreativeFirearms3.jpg

This one was, by far, my favorite of the night. One flashlight, two different angles, silky smooth black and white.

CreativeFirearms2.jpg

Last edited:

Pretzel

My hack job at eclipse shots. :cool:

ALMOST there! This is when we started noticing it getting "dimmer" in our area. Caught some sunspots!

Eclipse1.jpg

Then I caught this one at our peak blockage. After this, I watched NASA's live feed online. See ya in 7 years!

Eclipse2.jpg