Pretzel and the Gypsy King - A Tale of Adventure (cum a spus de fotografie) for 2015

Skwaz

Good to hear from you mate , so sorry for your loss , as we say here keep your chin up , look forward to your shots in 2017

"CHRIS"

Wow. I can't put into words what to even say, after what you went thru.........
Things have got to look up from here on out. I will say prayers for you my friend...........for strength, perseverance, and understanding.
Keep the faith Pretzel.

dh photography

So sorry for your loss. What a year. Sending prayers your way. Thank you for sharing what you are going through. It really puts things into perspective. Will continue to root for you to kick 2017 in the ass. Can't wait to see how you dive back in and keep snapping great pics.

Pretzel

Had a little extra income with mom's passing... she loved the wilderness so much, and always knew I wanted a Jeep (in fact she always told me one day I'd have one), so one of the first things I've added to my gear now that I'm getting back to normal life? Betting I can get to some beautiful landscapes now. :)

Jeep2.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice to see you back. Looking forward to some of your upcoming landscapes while you roam around in your Jeep. ;)

RocketCowboy

Had a little extra income with mom's passing... she loved the wilderness so much, and always knew I wanted a Jeep (in fact she always told me one day I'd have one), so one of the first things I've added to my gear now that I'm getting back to normal life? Betting I can get to some beautiful landscapes now. :)

View attachment 245606

I see a new interest in Astrophotography on your horizon... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretzel

More toys... sold the bike and took advantage of the Nikon rebates/free grip specials and picked up a new D750 with 24-120, battery grip, memory card, extra battery, and whatever best buy accessory kit plus a small lowepro satchel case. OF COURSE I had to get out right away and shoot some pics. Just so happens the new lady's son was playing ball and she needed some pics of him in action on the mound! :)

First a little torque on the arm, perhaps? 1/1000th and still a little motion blur on that ball. Not bad for not being able to drive yet... LOL

Garrett1.jpg

Then a little before and after strikeout action through the fence... don't hang your head, batter. The dugout isn't too far away, and it was a beautiful pitch. :D

Garrett3.jpg

Garrett5.jpg

Blacktop

Nice acquisition on the D750 @Pretzel. :encouragement: I do have bad news for your wallet however. The 24-120 is a helluva lens, but if you're going to shoot baseball games, a 70-200 f/2.8 might be in order.:cheerful:

Would I even dare to suggest a D500? No, I wouldn't don't dare!:cool:

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

More toys... sold the bike and took advantage of the Nikon rebates/free grip specials and picked up a new D750 with 24-120, battery grip, memory card, extra battery, and whatever best buy accessory kit plus a small lowepro satchel case. OF COURSE I had to get out right away and shoot some pics. Just so happens the new lady's son was playing ball and she needed some pics of him in action on the mound! :)

First a little torque on the arm, perhaps? 1/1000th and still a little motion blur on that ball. Not bad for not being able to drive yet... LOL

View attachment 254191

Then a little before and after strikeout action through the fence... don't hang your head, batter. The dugout isn't too far away, and it was a beautiful pitch. :D

View attachment 254192

View attachment 254190

congrats on the new camera Pretzel....but I was wondering why in the 2nd picture, the right side of it is darker than the rest of the image?