Pretzel and the Gypsy King - A Tale of Adventure (cum a spus de fotografie) for 2015

Pretzel

Seems like it's been forever since I posted a pic. (maybe because it has)

Also seems like forever since I've actually slowed down long enough to post a pic. (maybe because it has)

Work is nuts, and the constant deadlines/new projects/stress is turning me into a zombie after work, so there hasn't been just a WHOLE lot of shooting going on. Plus, I'm salary, so all the overtime is... well... FREE. So I can't even say I'm raking in extra income to buy that macro lens that's always out of reach. 1st world problems, eh?

This too, though, shall pass. In the meantime, here are a few pics I've shot here and there since August... *blush* No rhyme or reason, but rather just because.

1st, a couple o' pics of my boy. Love this dude, and a lot of my nights after work are spent taking him here and there. Enjoying it while I can, because he's almost 16, then I won't get to see near as much of him. :(

FencingTourney1.jpg

My boy scoring with a STRIKE TO THE HEART!

FencingTourney3.jpg

"Artistic" edit of my boy viewing some art.

Crystal4.jpg

If you can't tell from his facial expressions, he hates having his picture taken. I take 'em anyway. The art shot from above was inside the Crystal Bridges Art museum in Arkansas. The next 3 shots are of a large stainless steel sculpture outside of that museum called "Yield". Makes for some cool shots, to be sure, and I took a bit of artistic license with a couple as well.

Crystal8.jpg

Crystal11.jpg

Crystal10.jpg

Who needs to edit in B&W when you have a "Big Red Lense" to shoot through and get selective "non-color"?

Crystal3.jpg

Pretzel

Couple of moon shots recently. The 1st one, I took great joy in going OVERBOARD with the edit to draw out the surface of the moon and still be able to see the wispy cloud cover. The second one was just playing around with the trees...

OctoberMoon.jpg

FullMoonFiltered.jpg

This past weekend, the wife and I finally got to take a day together, so we took a drive through a big national forest and mountain range (mountains for Oklahoma, anyway, not like the Rockies or anything)

Spotted a bald eagle in a tree on the way... Rare sight for us Okies.

Eagle1a.jpg

And here's a couple of landscapes we got from the mountains. Toying around with a new love, which is the landscape in B&W. They're not quite "Ansel", but I enjoyed them. The 1st is a pano from my iPhone. ;)

Ansel.jpg

Ansel2.jpg

Still a few more shots to edit, but once again, this BBG is tired. Peace, y'all!

mikew_RIP

Nice to see you posting again,a word of warning though over stress,if your family say you have changed listen to them,they will notice the problem signs long before you do.

Pretzel

Nice to see you posting again,a word of warning though over stress,if your family say you have changed listen to them,they will notice the problem signs long before you do.

Thanks, Mike! No worries though, as I spot the changes stress makes long before the wifer, even. The HUGE projects are starting to wrap up, so thingsshould start to settle soon?

Working really hard to find those Zen moments, where I can relax and just enjoy the family, then as things settle more, I'll start working in more of the "taking photos" Zen again!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@Pretzel I really like the Eagle photo. I guess I am partial to eagles, our national bird and all. Your other shots are very good also.

Pretzel

@Pretzel I really like the Eagle photo. I guess I am partial to eagles, our national bird and all. Your other shots are very good also.

I've got a series of 'em, from the eagle sitting on the limb, to that launch, then a couple of BIF following... will try to post that whole series tonight. Nothing spectacular, but any shot of an eagle is amazing to me. Oklahoma's eagle population is finally hitting the "strong" part of recovery again, so this is the 2nd pair I've spotted that nests in the area.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Very nice, Pretzel! I especially like the moon shot with the trees. Those branches look eerily similar to bats...would have been a spooktacular Halloween photo! ;)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Great shots Pretzel. Glad you found some time to shoot and post again.

When's that next trip to FL?

Pretzel

Great shots Pretzel. Glad you found some time to shoot and post again.

When's that next trip to FL?

Thanks, @Marilynne!

The next trip is probably next July with the family, as always. I may start taking an extra solo trip each year as well, though, as I get one more week of vacation than the wife does. If the airfare is within reach...

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
The Eagle has landed........ In this case the Eagle has taken off. Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

Blacktop

Thanks, @Marilynne!

The next trip is probably next July with the family, as always. I may start taking an extra solo trip each year as well, though, as I get one more week of vacation than the wife does. If the airfare is within reach...

Solo trips are great. I took my first one a few weeks ago, and I'll be taking another one in February to visit the gang down in Florida. It's nice to get to be by yourself for a few days and just do your thing without any distractions.

Pretzel

Maybe you should take that extra week in Feb and meet us at the Circle B Bar Reserve in Lakeland FL.
http://nikonites.com/off-topic/31553-post-your-meet-greet-here.html?highlight=meet

Solo trips are great. I took my first one a few weeks ago, and I'll be taking another one in February to visit the gang down in Florida. It's nice to get to be by yourself for a few days and just do your thing without any distractions.

Wife's birthday, Son's birthday and property taxes to pay in the early part of the year, or I would for sure! Betting Florida is much warmer than Oklahoma in February!

Pretzel

So... an acquaintance of mine just moved into the area and opened up a mini art and music studio... in chatting with the person that manages the art side of the studio, and mentioning my shots, they've extended an offer to display and sell some of my work. Anybody work with studios before and know a fair percentage for the sale of displayed items? :)