Post your Z50 images

mikew_RIP

DSC_0361.jpg

mikew_RIP

I am liking the Z 50 but struggling a bit to evaluate it for a few reasons, one is the longest lens i have is 250mm, not a lot of good for BIF images if you are going to crop, it did well to focus on the Duck in this image but with the short lens and poor light needing ISO 12800 not a lot of chance to crop.

DSC_0621.jpg

Danno

I am liking the Z 50 but struggling a bit to evaluate it for a few reasons, one is the longest lens i have is 250mm, not a lot of good for BIF images if you are going to crop, it did well to focus on the Duck in this image but with the short lens and poor light needing ISO 12800 not a lot of chance to crop.

View attachment 325163

I have enjoyed your shots Mike. Have you considered using the FTZ adapter and some longer F Mount glass. I know on the Z6 adapted glass works as well as it does on my D700 or 7200. Just a thought... I figured you were having to crop more than you liked.

mikew_RIP

I have enjoyed your shots Mike. Have you considered using the FTZ adapter and some longer F Mount glass. I know on the Z6 adapted glass works as well as it does on my D700 or 7200. Just a thought... I figured you were having to crop more than you liked.

Thanks Dan, the FTZ is an option just trying to sort out if the rest of the camera is useable for birding, a few small niggles, cant turn the LCD off without cheating with the EVF eye sensor,can't stop it going into sleep mode which it takes too long to wake from, when i use auto ISO if it goes high say 9000 when i press the shutter button a stupid black box appears in the middle of the EVF warning me ime in a low light situation, i know that and its the subject i want to see not a childish warning.

If it was normal use not birding none of the above would be a problem as its a great camera.

Danno

Thanks Dan, the FTZ is an option just trying to sort out if the rest of the camera is useable for birding, a few small niggles, cant turn the LCD off without cheating with the EVF eye sensor,can't stop it going into sleep mode which it takes too long to wake from, when i use auto ISO if it goes high say 9000 when i press the shutter button a stupid black box appears in the middle of the EVF warning me ime in a low light situation, i know that and its the subject i want to see not a childish warning.

If it was normal use not birding none of the above would be a problem as its a great camera.

That is a bit of a pain. Seems that there should be a way to lock those issues out. I know the sleep issue is an aggravating thing for me too. I hope it works out for you. Seems like those things should be addressed in a firmware update. They have done some stuff like that from the Z6.

mikew_RIP

These are only for a test, they are large crops of a bird flying slightly towards me and across my position, wanted to see how the AF-C would cope, not tracking.

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

I feel it picked the bird up well and stayed with it

Roy1961

Contributor
not bad for an iphone, i mean wait a a Z50. :rolleyes::D

What is it with you and pigeons, you would get a great shot with a mickey mouse camera, nice shooting mate.

PhilM_TX

I picked on up on release day, with a trip to FL scheduled for only a day later.

Why not take a brand new piece of gear on a trip - right? Lol!

I was quite pleased. I used primarily a 500PF, some with a 300PF, and some with the 50-250 kit lens.

49087194163_3b353bea3e_h.jpg

49099524038_5b9e786afd_h.jpg

49100037266_109a508d5b_h.jpg

49100236817_47576673f6_h.jpg

PhilM_TX

It can do BiF. To me, the Z50 seems to focus & lock just a tad better than the Z6 but no where close to a D500, D850, etc. More than serviceable, nonetheless.

49100030491_f28b6cb09f_h.jpg

49100230442_7be1df6fbf_h.jpg

49100030691_63d6337b6d_h.jpg

49100230337_c55b6f7639_h.jpg