Post your sunset images!

Sunset on the Ortega River.
604130_540668009284078_1812677263_n.jpg

nikonpup

military or civilian planes? I GET CIVILIAN TRAFFIC IN THE MORNING (EAST/WEST) VERY FEW MILITARY (NORTH/SOUTH). I DO NOT SEE ANY TRAILS IN THE EVENING.

Last edited:

KWJams

When the temperature drops below -10 F and my large truck will leave contrails out of the stacks due to hot exhaust gases in frigid air. I know it is really-really getting cold outside.
That is basically what aircraft contrails are. When you see them you know that the upper atmosphere is at least -10 F or lower.

Just-Clayton

There is nothing like a Pacific sunset. I took this over 25 years ago with a compact vivitar 35mm camera. I was stationed in Puget sound for 6 months and i did a lot of sight seeing.DSC_0016 (800x510).jpg

Finally after almost a week of cloudy, overcast skies a decent sunset photo op arose! 18-Nov-2012
542657_10151248617408076_366973191_n.jpg
If you look closely at the middle left of the photo you will see a large cross. This picture was taken in St Augustine, FL. and the cross is at the Mission of Nombre de Dios & Shrine of Our Lady of Leche. And is supposed to be the worlds tallest cross at 208' high.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally after almost a week of cloudy, overcast skies a decent sunset photo op arose! 18-Nov-2012View attachment 21117
If you look closely at the middle left of the photo you will see a large cross. This picture was taken in St Augustine, FL. and the cross is at the Mission of Nombre de Dios & Shrine of Our Lady of Leche. And is supposed to be the worlds tallest cross at 208' high.

And it makes you dizzy standing at its base and looking up!!