Post your Sunrises

navcom

Here's a couple more. All were taken along the Upper Mississippi River in an area known as Lake Pepin...which isn't really a lake...just a 2-mile-wide section of the river.

Attachments

• Lake Canoe.jpg
    Lake Canoe.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Marina Pier.jpg
    Marina Pier.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Riverboat.jpg
    Riverboat.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 180

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
It's been a while since I've seen a sunrise. Today's was uneventful, but the clouds to the north had some good color.
sunrise__051.jpg

This was taken at the normal sunrise time. But with Hurricane Sandy due west of Jacksonville, this is what the sunrise looked like Saturday morning.
DSC_0007.JPG
taken at 7:43am on 26-Oct-2012 with my D3100 in Manual mode ISO-800 Exp. time 1/100 sec. f/4.5, 68mm - 35mm equivalent 102mm w/ my 55-300mm AF-S lens.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
This was taken at the normal sunrise time. But with Hurricane Sandy due west of Jacksonville, this is what the sunrise looked like Saturday morning.View attachment 19688
taken at 7:43am on 26-Oct-2012 with my D3100 in Manual mode ISO-800 Exp. time 1/100 sec. f/4.5, 68mm - 35mm equivalent 102mm w/ my 55-300mm AF-S lens.

Hope all is well now and that Sandy is gone. We had a beautiful day yesterday after Sandy moved up your way.

navcom

Go ahead rub it in BRRRRR... LOL
The wind chill made it seem like 38 they said!

Oh Boo Hoo! Our HIGH here today was 43 degrees (Minnesota). Considering where we are going down to in the next couple months, I'll take it! LOL!!

Considering your avatar (Most Interesting Man in the World), I would think that you would still be in shorts! LOL!

(just kidding...all in good fun my friend!...stay thirsty!)