Post your spiders

Scott Murray

Re: spiders

This is a stacking attempt with my current 90mm and 50mm setup, I guess I need to use a tripod, but I was looking up into the sky with this shot. And I was lying on the ground lol.
You will see that some of the webs do not line up, sure I can fix this in PS but I am still experimenting. Also this was 3GB when transferred from PS to LR5. iMac handled it with ease.
SHM_2686.jpg

Last edited:

marce

A few British spiders, D3200 with a Tamron 60mm hand held as they never seem to chill in a convenient place where I can get my tripod.
Some nice shots Scott and some pretty subjects.:)

Attachments

• spider-3.jpg
    spider-3.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 123
  • spider-4.jpg
    spider-4.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 116
  • spider-2.jpg
    spider-2.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 160

Moab Man

Had my neighbor for dinner.

Insects are getting sparse with the colder temperatures so this one decided to visit his neighbor for dinner.
SpiderDinner.jpg

Ironwood

Couple of spiders in their webs.

Taken with the Nikon 105VR and fitted with a copy of Scotts foam diffuser for the onboard flash.

DSC_2798.jpg

DSC_2820.jpg

Ironwood

What do you think of the diffuser do you think it makes a different?

Works great, definitely gives me a higher keeper rate.
Only negatives for it are, cant just have a quick look around the outside of the lens to see where the bug is, and a bit cumbersome trying to get it in between leaves and branches to get in close to the bugs.
Oh, and the 30 knot winds we are having here at the moment, make it interesting as well. It acts like a sail.

But all that aside, I will keep using it, it has made a big difference to my photos.

I am seriously looking at getting a more powerful flash as well.

Krs_2007

Nice spider shot Brad, you guys keep this up and my wife is going to leave me. I really want a macro lens but told myself that I had to wait, oh well I may try and slip in an order and then beg for forgiveness later.

Krs_2007

I actually have been, was kind of waiting on your official review Scott. I did have it my cart and decided to hold off but will order one soon. So I take it your pretty pleased with yours

Scott Murray

I actually have been, was kind of waiting on your official review Scott. I did have it my cart and decided to hold off but will order one soon. So I take it your pretty pleased with yours

Yes I do like it alot, but it has its limitations. I was trying to take photos of bees pollenating flowers on a windy day with my 90mm and DCR-250 set up but because you need to get so close it makes it harder. But I also have tried it on my 50mm 1.4D lens and it allows you to get alot closer than you could normally and I do not see any image degredation with the Raynox. Tha cap is a bit hard to remove and I am look at maybe putting a tab onto it or seeing if any other cpas fit it easier. You need a diffuser set up if using on board flash and honestly with any flash for Macro you need a diffuser as the softer light stops blowouts and excessive highlights. The Raynox DCR-250 will fit on filter size 52mm - 67mm from memory so any lens with this filter size will benefit.