Post your Selfies

craigtellis

Not in to selfies but i do have this one...

_DSC0003 - Copy.jpg

Lawrence

Nice!Did you fire the shutter with a remote,or did you set the timer on the cam and ran inside real fast before it fired?

Remote.

I had a lot of fun testing out some gear yesterday. It was great to have the opportunity to familiarize myself with gear that I own but seldom use. And really good to know it all worked so well.
If I was a good photographer I probably would have dropped the power a bit or lifted it off that counter at least but it was in no way a serious shoot.
And besides ...
I liked the effect. :)

Blacktop

Remote.

I had a lot of fun testing out some gear yesterday. It was great to have the opportunity to familiarize myself with gear that I own but seldom use. And really good to know it all worked so well.
If I was a good photographer I probably would have dropped the power a bit or lifted it off that counter at least but it was in no way a serious shoot.
And besides ...
I liked the effect. :)

I like it the way it is. Besides ,what matters is that you like it. Nice idea for a shot.

RobV

I needed a new photo for my Linkedin profile (still job hunting, F2F interview Monday!), so I went out in the back yard and did my best.

11 Nov 2016.jpg

This was my previous photo (ugh)

DSC_0541.jpg

Monday at 1400 EDT, keep me in your thoughts, so I can continue my decadent NAS way of life! (and pay the rent) :)

Blacktop

I needed a new photo for my Linkedin profile (still job hunting, F2F interview Monday!), so I went out in the back yard and did my best.

View attachment 234542

This was my previous photo (ugh)

View attachment 234548

Monday at 1400 EDT, keep me in your thoughts, so I can continue my decadent NAS way of life! (and pay the rent) :)

Good luck with the interview. I like the first shot, but I guess it depends on what kind of job you're after.

RobV

Good luck with the interview. I like the first shot, but I guess it depends on what kind of job you're after.
Evening shift computer operator.
The beard will fly. My recruiter for this direct-hire position has worked there twice in his career, and knows the IT manager very well. Sounds like a nice package. I told him that I turned 60 this year, but that I have plans for working another 10 years. He liked the sound of that!

RobV

Evening shift computer operator.
The beard will fly. My recruiter for this direct-hire position has worked there twice in his career, and knows the IT manager very well. Sounds like a nice package. I told him that I turned 60 this year, but that I have plans for working another 10 years. He liked the sound of that!
BINGO!
Back in the saddle, again!

I have been hired as a printer operator, cover for the lead operator, and train with the techs that keep the peripheral equipment out in the warehouse running.
I have been a mainframe operator most of my career, but those jobs are getting harder and harder to find.
But this is a publishing company (yeah, I know, but I think we have another 10 years of books left) and I like the feel of it. Heck, I just like being EMPLOYED again, after 10 months!

It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, but there is a certain 200-500 constant-aperture lens for which I will be saving!

Danno

BINGO!

I have been hired as a printer operator, cover for the lead operator, and train with the techs that keep the peripheral equipment out in the warehouse running.
I have been a mainframe operator most of my career, but those jobs are getting harder and harder to find.
But this is a publishing company (yeah, I know, but I think we have another 10 years of books left) and I like the feel of it. Heck, I just like being EMPLOYED again, after 10 months!

It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, but there is a certain 200-500 constant-aperture lens for which I will be saving!

Congratulations Rob! that is outstanding! We have a publishing company here in Versailles, Ky and it is still going strong.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
BINGO!

Congratulations Rob! Good luck!

I was a mainframe programmer for 34+ years and I know mainframes are getting scarce.