Post your Photographing the photographer.

Needa

Challenge Team
D81_1446.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Where is the place (in Florida)? How can the bird be so close to people and let them take a shot? Are all birds or animals alike there? Are they wild animals? Why are you so lucky there?
I'm in Palm Beach County. Wakodahatchee is in Delray Beach (1.5 miles from my house), Green Cay is in Boynton Beach (3 miles from my house), Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge is also in Boynton Beach (6 miles from my house). That's part of the Everglades. We also have Peaceful Waters in Wellington (that's about a 20 minute drive).

They are all wild animals. The Anhingas and Cormorants are used to people and don't spook when you stop to chat with them. I know some people that actually pet them when the security guards aren't around. One guy got banned for doing that. You do have to watch out if they lift their tail!! Most of the other birds that hang out on the railings spook really easy.

If you're ever down this way, let me know and I'll give you the 50 cent tour!! I've met with a few Nikonites on their visit here.

blackstar

I'm in Palm Beach County. Wakodahatchee is in Delray Beach (1.5 miles from my house), Green Cay is in Boynton Beach (3 miles from my house), Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge is also in Boynton Beach (6 miles from my house). That's part of the Everglades. We also have Peaceful Waters in Wellington (that's about a 20 minute drive).

They are all wild animals. The Anhingas and Cormorants are used to people and don't spook when you stop to chat with them. I know some people that actually pet them when the security guards aren't around. One guy got banned for doing that. You do have to watch out if they lift their tail!! Most of the other birds that hang out on the railings spook really easy.

If you're ever down this way, let me know and I'll give you the 50 cent tour!! I've met with a few Nikonites on their visit here.
Lucky you!!! It sounds like a perfect (almost I guess) place for a wildlife (or bird) photographer. Do you know there is a thread - Florida peoples: do you ever get bored? from BGF? Quite amusing! I am honored to visit and meet you there for a tour (if I can ever make it). IAW, thank you for inviting me.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Lucky you!!! It sounds like a perfect (almost I guess) place for a wildlife (or bird) photographer. Do you know there is a thread - Florida peoples: do you ever get bored? from BGF? Quite amusing! I am honored to visit and meet you there for a tour (if I can ever make it). IAW, thank you for inviting me.
BTW, the only one that's natural is Lox. The others are man-made next to the water reclamation plants.