Post your panoramic shots.

Blacktop

This is also with the newest LR.

Gatlinburg,TN-.jpg

paul04

Although I have never taken a pano shot before in my life until the one I just posted above and have no experience in pano stitching programs, I think that the LR Pano Merge does a good job.

I've done a couple using the mobile phone,

Like you said, lightroom does do a good job, I merged the 5 shots 1st then edited the picture, next time I will edit the shots 1st then merge the shots together.

mikew_RIP

I've done a couple using the mobile phone,

Like you said, lightroom does do a good job, I merged the 5 shots 1st then edited the picture, next time I will edit the shots 1st then merge the shots together.

The few i have done in elements i just resize first then stitch as at full size with too many shots the auto fill can choke on the file size.

paul04

Getting into this, experimenting with the number of shots,
This 1st one is only 2 shots.

DSC_0545-Pano.jpg

And this one of the local cricket ground is 4 shots

DSC_0502-Pano.jpg

Blacktop

Do you guys convert each shot to Jpeg before stitching? I found that if I do more than 2-3 shots and stitch them in RAW my machine bogs down real bad. (8gigs of RAM}

I tried to do a seven shot RAW stitch yesterday, and my puter just quit on me. I couldn't even bring up the task manager to kill the programs. Had to do a hard restart.

Osantacruz

I created from RAW files (D750) for the ones I've submitted. It was on a maxed out iMac 5k, though I was able to do a panorama on my Macbook Pro (2011 model with integrated graphics and slower HDD) without much of a delay (but to be fair, I only did a few and they were Sony a7s 12 megapixel shots though also from RAW)

Task manager sounds like you're using Windows. If so, did you have any background processes eating up memory? I know on any Windows machines I've ever used, I always had to go to msconfig to stop a lot of unnecessary start up programs. I think there are articles out there too for optimizing Lightroom which may be a good place to start or finding out if you can get anymore RAM installed.

paul04

I created from RAW files as well, not many programs on my PC, so it does run quite fast, so no real issues with it slowing down,

Try it when you 1st turn on your PC so nothing else is running in the back ground.

wtlwdwgn

Re: Let's see some stitched panoramas…

Riverfront Park July 4th. Everybody's out of town! Except for the ducks and geese. D700, S-M-C Takumar 24mm f/3.5, 8 image stitch in LR CC.

RVP%20Pano-.jpg

aroy

Re: Let's see some stitched panoramas…

You can stitch for group photos also. The trick is to keep the group quiet and shoot hand held fast

FSC_4670_stitch.jpg

GSC_1174_stitch.jpg