Post your musical instruments.

SteveL54

Kinda surprised this thread died......

Me too... Forgot all about it.

Found this from 6 or 7 years ago. In the studio with Rick Rivets (New York Dolls) and Eric Pouille Holy Curse, Paris France). Good times.

alt studio.jpg

dh photography

Scarlett has only been around a couple days now, so the misses hasn't had time to get jealous. LoL. Yet.

The name ... well ...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

dh photography

I like Epiphone guitars. I never had an electric one, but when I was 18 I had an Epiphone acoustic that was a real pleasure to play and it sound it real nice as well. The action on it was hard to beat.

I'm loving this one. The tones are outstanding. Have a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special on the way. Still have a long way to go before I can justify the $2k+ for the Gibson LP I'd really love to get my hands on.

RocketCowboy

I'm loving this one. The tones are outstanding. Have a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special on the way. Still have a long way to go before I can justify the $2k+ for the Gibson LP I'd really love to get my hands on.

If your guitar chops are anything like you're photography chops, you don't have as far to go as you might think.

dh photography

If your guitar chops are anything like you're photography chops, you don't have as far to go as you might think.

Thank you very much, Charlie. Very nice of you to say that. I feel this is going to be the biggest learning challenge I've ever tried to overcome. I'm about 6 weeks into it after picking up a guitar for the first time. Between sore fingers and chord changes; it's more than enough trouble, but it'll come. Really thinking about finding a teacher in the next month or so. Luckily there's a couple forums (not unlike the great people here, including you, helping with photography info) that has certainly helped so far.

RocketCowboy

I've got a Telecaster copy here that my best man lent me ... oh about 20 years ago. I still keep it in tune, but maybe I should learn to actually play that thing. :)

dh photography

You should! Like anything else; it sux arse not being able to just pick it up and do exactly what I want ... Right Now! LoL. But when those first notes and chords come out from your fingers, it's gonna drag you in deep! The first two weeks I was sure that my fingers must have been deformed and I'd never make a D chord much less play a riff; then one day it just happened. Then on to the next and so on. Maybe in 10 years I'll be able to play most of the songs I'd like to play. 😜

Blacktop

You should! Like anything else; it sux arse not being able to just pick it up and do exactly what I want ... Right Now! LoL. But when those first notes and chords come out from your fingers, it's gonna drag you in deep! The first two weeks I was sure that my fingers must have been deformed and I'd never make a D chord much less play a riff; then one day it just happened. Then on to the next and so on. Maybe in 10 years I'll be able to play most of the songs I'd like to play. 

My first girlfriend played guitar and she thought me some chords. I remember clear as day. (about 35 years ago) The first chord I learned was Em, the first song that she thought me, was "Lying Eyes" by the Eagles. She was also very good at figuring out harmonies.
To this day I still can't listen to that song without thinking back to those days.:)

Danno

My first girlfriend played guitar and she thought me some chords. I remember clear as day. (about 35 years ago) The first chord I learned was Em, the first song that she thought me, was "Lying Eyes" by the Eagles. She was also very good at figuring out harmonies.
To this day I still can't listen to that song without thinking back to those days.:)

My first song was "A Horse with No Name" by America... The album had just come out and man my fingers did not like it. Funny how a simple song will bring back a flood of memories.