Post your musical instruments.

Englischdude

posted this in another area already but it fits here well. my roland piano. would love a steinway someday!

piano_2470t.jpg

hrstrat57

​Jim....black Les Paul?

Looks like a vintage 57 custom or a custom shop relic....?? Either way, sweet!! Had one back in the day but broke off the headstock with some reckless antics caught it on a microphone stand....pow. Gotta be careful gigging Gibbys with the set neck.

---------

Below pic is probably 10 yr old, the Champ was sold off for a profit, replaced with a 83 Super Champ.....she is even more beat up now.
This is the best sounding Strat I have ever heard, including famous pro players live in concert over the years. I am blessed and not worthy. The pups are actually dated 1956 and have YB signature. No, I will not take it apart for pictures in fact I will never disassemble it again.....the blue was a very rare custom color I am lead to believe but the guitar has always been a player with multiple tweaks and parts that wore out replaced from a 1982 Fullerton reissue.....I threw the worn out bits away including the original rusty neck plate and saddles. Thus at this point she is a "mutt" like Clapton's blackie. You can see the Sperzels and the graphite nut so she can come close to divebombing with the tremelo. I am not interested in baseball card guitar fever.....so other than the dated pups there is no documentation, don't care. The bridge pup was rewound hot years ago by Lindy Fralin and the pole pieces cut flat like a tele...I have tho been offered insane amounts of cash for her and laughed. The beast yep she stays in the family.

A couple of crisis at home preclude me from breaking out my other babies for pics at the moment.

DCP_0001.jpg

Last edited:

hrstrat57

Just found a couple older snaps of my early 80's Fullerton reissue....

Sweet woody tone, this is my main player. Replaced the USA neck with a 62 Japanese Fender reissue neck that I liked better and made monopoly money selling the neck reinstalled the original Fullerton tuners and neck plate with low V serial number.....this guitar was owned originally by a Berklee professor. I have had her about 15 years and also will never let it go. Plays and sounds like butter. Again, I am not worthy but I know strats and how to set them up....and I am not a collector have no interest in all that silliness. I had a pretty good run in the early days of eBay chopping up Mexican and Japanese reissue strats and reselling the bits and the neck I bolted to this guitar was the best one I had ever played....rivals anything the Fender custom shop has ever produced. It was from a 1996 50th anniversary run in Japan of the best of their best. I would stack this player up with any 62 Strat anywhere. The early Fullerton reissues were made with the same tooling and in many cases I understand the same employees that built the 50's and early 60's strats. They were built with closer more modern tolerances tho, many strat fans consider the best of the early Fullerton reissue guitars to be the equivalent of the best of the originals....certainly at least they match modern custom shop standards. Many are now fetching over $3000 themselves.....

These pictures also several yr old I would guess, the pickguard and pup covers have yellowed significantly since.....

I will try to post Nikon pics including my old Les Paul, Fender FSR telecaster and G/L 2000 bass asap....

Happy holidays folks!

DSC00483.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00485.jpg
    DSC00485.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited: