It's been a busy couple of weeks...

• Bought a D5600
  • Traded Fuji x100s for Tamron 70-200 f/2.8
  • Bought a ThinkTank Urban Access 10 sling pack
  • Hated the D5600
  • Bought a D500
  • Bought a grip for it
  • Bought a Peak Design strap

Also, I need a couch to crash on. I think my wife is going to kick me out. :cool:

Whiskeyman

• Bought a D5600
  • Hated the D5600
  • Bought a D500
  • Bought a grip for it

Also, I need a couch to crash on. I think my wife is going to kick me out. :cool:

You're welcome to join me in my doghouse. Has a frige with beverages and a bathroom with running water, too. ;)

WM

Dawg Pics

She might have Irritable Bowel Disease, too. Plus she's got an ear infection. She came to us with a few problems, obviously, but we'll get her healthy even if I have to sell all my wife's possessions. SARCASM ALERT. :)

I have 2 dogs with medical problems. One has chronic skin problems, and gets ear infections often. I keep antibiotic drops in my stash, which saves me a trip or 2 to the vet, but he is probably going to need some x-rays soon for his hips and back along with a cytopoint injection for his itchy skin. Weeeeeeeeee. $$$$$$$ My husband has no possessions to sell. :shame::rolleyes:

Patrick M

I have 2 dogs with medical problems. One has chronic skin problems, and gets ear infections often. I keep antibiotic drops in my stash, which saves me a trip or 2 to the vet, but he is probably going to need some x-rays soon for his hips and back along with a cytopoint injection for his itchy skin. Weeeeeeeeee. $$$$$$$ My husband has no possessions to sell. :shame::rolleyes:

I feel your pain. We have rescue cats. The love of my life was May. She was about 14 when she passed about 4 years ago. Her medical bills were close to £10,000 but 90% covered by the insurance. The 10% was the excess we paid. But it was cancer, and it got her. RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskeyman

• Bought a D5600
  • Hated the D5600
  • Bought a D500
  • Bought a grip for it

I forgot to ask, are you happy with the D500, though? That's important! ;)

WM

Hobbit

vsgo.jpg
i know no fancy or expensive buyt they clean the fancy and expensie stuff brilliantly

TwistedThrottle

CamRanger2
D75_1486.jpg

Found out my used D800 had a broken remote port when I purchased a remote for it. Been using the camera timer for night shots for quite a while but now that I am using bulb mode for longer exposures, I needed something to trigger and complete the exposure without touching the camera. This plugs into the USB port instead of the remote port. Not a one trick pony, I am also excited to use this for low shots without laying on my belly to see through the OVF, display focus peaking on the tablet, phone or computer, control everything through the app, save to the on board SD card, display images to multiple devices in real time as I am shooting, focus stacking, interval timer, the list goes on!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
CamRanger2
View attachment 343123

Found out my used D800 had a broken remote port when I purchased a remote for it. Been using the camera timer for night shots for quite a while but now that I am using bulb mode for longer exposures, I needed something to trigger and complete the exposure without touching the camera. This plugs into the USB port instead of the remote port. Not a one trick pony, I am also excited to use this for low shots without laying on my belly to see through the OVF, display focus peaking on the tablet, phone or computer, control everything through the app, save to the on board SD card, display images to multiple devices in real time as I am shooting, focus stacking, interval timer, the list goes on!

+1 for PlatyPod. :encouragement: Good luck with the CamRanger. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts. So the D800 doesn't have an articulating screen? :( I didn't think I'd ever use one, but I was definitely wrong. Sounds like a promising setup. :) Will be interested in seeing your images with it.

TwistedThrottle

Thanks Cindy!
Nope, just a boring ol flat screen on the back of the 800. I've become spoiled with my D7500 screen, I love doing macro with it. Focus manual then the lightest tap on the screen snaps the shot. I am really looking forward to the focus stacking feature with this CamRanger2. It sounds like its as easy as setting your first point through the app (just tap the screen) and then the end point of what you want in focus and the app calculates the number of shots needed, focuses, shoots and moves all by itself through the rest of the shots after hitting start.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Thanks Cindy!
Nope, just a boring ol flat screen on the back of the 800. I've become spoiled with my D7500 screen, I love doing macro with it. Focus manual then the lightest tap on the screen snaps the shot. I am really looking forward to the focus stacking feature with this CamRanger2. It sounds like its as easy as setting your first point through the app (just tap the screen) and then the end point of what you want in focus and the app calculates the number of shots needed, focuses, shoots and moves all by itself through the rest of the shots after hitting start.

TT, nice!!! I don't know anything about the CamRanger2 so thanks for the information. The description you provided sounds amazing with its ability to focus stack. Have fun with it. :cheerful:

Browncoat

Aaaaaand I bought another bag. Last one was great for the D5600, but way too small for the gripped D500.

Peak Design strap, Peak Design pack, got my eye on the tripod next. May have to put that one on the secret credit card. She'll kill me for sure.

crashton

Last month I sold off all of my cameras. I replaced them with a used Fuji X-M1 & a new Fuji X-T30. I also bought a smallrig L bracket/hand-grip. With the bit of money that's left I'm figuring out what lens to pick up. :p