Post your latest purchases.

crycocyon

Lowepro Lens Trekker AW II on left and III on right...interesting to see the design changes.

IMG_2376.jpgIMG_2377(1).jpg

PolishX

Does that allow you to carry a mega lens and a body in a tidy pack or just the lens ? This 200-500 needs its own case its a monster

crycocyon

Does that allow you to carry a mega lens and a body in a tidy pack or just the lens ? This 200-500 needs its own case its a monster

Those bags permit up to 600mm lenses with camera body attached, or 800mm without camera body attached. So the 200 (150?)-500 should be fine. Unless you mean the 200-500 f2.8 lol...then no it wouldn't fit. Actually these bags are much larger than you would need for the 150-500, maybe the 400 AW would be enough.

Last edited:

crashton

Bought a 16mm extension tube to use on my 18-135mm Fujinon lens. Also bought a Fuji X-M1 camera that will fit in my cargo pants pocket. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Fuji X-T30. That's all for now. :p

Patrick M

I bought an ape case especially because it can carry a D7500 with the 200-500 attached (hood reversed).
This was for day tripping off a cruise. The bag was perfect to protect the gear, but there’s no room for anything else

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009KY5YYO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TwistedThrottle

Ordered a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer 2 weeks ago. Adorama was sold out of the pro kit that had all the accessories in one package so I had to piece it together which came out to be almost $100 more than the pro kit. Shipping was slow, despite paying an extra 15 bucks, ground was the only option for some reason. It arrived last Friday, the day we left to go on our camping trip so I tossed all the boxes in my bag and left. No practice, no reading pesky owners manuals, just the videos I watched on youtube to rely on out in the middle of nowhere in the dark. There is a ton more to learn with this thing, but I am happy with the results and very happy with this purchase.

D75_0802-2watermarked.jpg

Last edited:

wev

Contributor
Finally figured out something to spend that pesky stimulus check on

Benro Mach 3 Extra Long Tripod / Manfrotto 229 pan head

with the legs and column all out, I can shot straight up standing underneath without bending (I'm 6' 7")
on the down side, even carbon, it is a heavy rig to jaunt about with, but my wife says I need the exercise anyway.

Tripod.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Finally figured out something to spend that pesky stimulus check on

Benro Mach 3 Extra Long Tripod / Manfrotto 229 pan head

with the legs and column all out, I can shot straight up standing underneath without bending (I'm 6' 7")
on the down side, even carbon, it is a heavy rig to jaunt about with, but my wife says I need the exercise anyway.

View attachment 342232

Wow, that does look to be a heavy rig. Does that Manfrotto head use the hexagonal plate? Looking it up online, it sounds like it is supposed to. I have a Bogen Manfrotto tripod with a Bogen head that takes the hexagonal plate. The combo weighs in to be at least 10 pounds. It always was a bear to carry. :shame:

Never knew Benro made an extra tall tripod. That one is enormous in height! ;)

wev

Contributor
Wow, that does look to be a heavy rig. Does that Manfrotto head use the hexagonal plate? Looking it up online, it sounds like it is supposed to. I have a Bogen Manfrotto tripod with a Bogen head that takes the hexagonal plate. The combo weighs in to be at least 10 pounds. It always was a bear to carry. :shame:

Never knew Benro made an extra tall tripod. That one is enormous in height! ;)

I just weighed it with the camera -- 15 lb on the nose.

It is a hex plate. Head is really solid and smooth action, but it will take a while to get used to.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I just weighed it with the camera -- 15 lb on the nose.

It is a hex plate. Head is really solid and smooth action, but it will take a while to get used to.

I always preferred those hex plates over the current 200PL Quick Release plate they use on other heads. And I appreciate knowing heads with hex plates are still available - had no idea. :encouragement:

Woodyg3

Contributor
imacpic.jpg

I ordered a 27" iMac today. I got it with a 256GB SSD, but didn't order extra RAM from Apple since they really gouge you on the price. I ordered two 16GB RAM cards from OWC for $140 vs the $600 that Apple would have charged me. The nice thing about the 27" iMacs is that you can instal RAM yourself in a little drawer on the back of the machine. No need to pay a tech and have them take the whole thing apart just to add a couple of RAM chips. I'll wind up with 40GB of RAM, and I think that should hold me WELL into the future. The internal SSD should really speed things up, as well. Also, this has a nice graphics card with 4GB of VRAM, so I can play around with the new AI apps like Topaz.

I really like my 2013 21.5" iMac, but the old spinning hard drive is super slow, and I have inly 8GB of RAM. To add RAM you have to open it up, plus it can only take 16GB. Everyday actions in Lightroom can be really slow. When I have Lightroom and Photoshop both open, it can take an eternity for things to process. It take the word processor over a minute just to start up. I've had some weird freezes and crashes that I'm sure are related to the limited memory.

Anyway, there went all my stimulus money. :) Apple is pretty backed up on production right now, so I won't get the machine until late August.

Patrick M

View attachment 342377

I ordered a 27" iMac today. I got it with a 256GB SSD, but didn't order extra RAM from Apple since they really gouge you on the price. I ordered two 16GB RAM cards from OWC for $140 vs the $600 that Apple would have charged me. The nice thing about the 27" iMacs is that you can instal RAM yourself in a little drawer on the back of the machine. No need to pay a tech and have them take the whole thing apart just to add a couple of RAM chips. I'll wind up with 40GB of RAM, and I think that should hold me WELL into the future. The internal SSD should really speed things up, as well. Also, this has a nice graphics card with 4GB of VRAM, so I can play around with the new AI apps like Topaz.

I really like my 2013 21.5" iMac, but the old spinning hard drive is super slow, and I have inly 8GB of RAM. To add RAM you have to open it up, plus it can only take 16GB. Everyday actions in Lightroom can be really slow. When I have Lightroom and Photoshop both open, it can take an eternity for things to process. It take the word processor over a minute just to start up. I've had some weird freezes and crashes that I'm sure are related to the limited memory.

Anyway, there went all my stimulus money. :) Apple is pretty backed up on production right now, so I won't get the machine until late August.

You will love it. The 5k screen is amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskeyman

Woody, I'm assuming that you ordered it directly from Apple. What model did you get? And what is the processor speed?

It's unfortunate that you have to wait until late August to receive it. After reading your post, I browsed the Bestbuy web page and I'm flabbergasted that they have nothing available for 27-inch iMacs until at least August 21. Some models are listed as available only later than that. Wow!

If you get an external hard drive with FW3/USB-C connections, it should also help to speed your work up substantially. I look forward to your reviews after it arrives.

WM

Last edited: