Post your favorite January shot

wud

wtse_6.jpg

CRAZY! That image made me say woow out loud. My husband agrees!

Ok, Here is my "selection"... I scanned the 200 plus photos and tagged some of my favorites... down to 10, there were several I really liked but this one was special to me so I grabbed it....

"The Shop!"

View attachment 70225

Pat in NH

Great shop! Very nice tone in the b/w conversion. And it suits it with this HDR look - is it HDR?

Just for the reflectionView attachment 70230

Understandable :) Very nice image.

View attachment 70282

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk

Hey! Thats here! I got a little bit confused at first, until I saw your location ;)

The Stiig

Of all the things you can do in a lunch break, I decided to go outside and give it a shot... ;-)

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Great shop! Very nice tone in the b/w conversion. And it suits it with this HDR look - is it HDR?

Thank you Mai, I appreciate your comments and that you took the time to look at it!!! :)

No HDR on this one, I coverted in LR, made some "color" adjustments for better contrast and then finished it off in NIK Tools Silver Efex Pro 2.

Pat in NH

DraganDL

Who would guess it's been taken in the middle of the winter... On another note: MoabMan, your "buffalo" is absolutely AMAZING!
12188771735_44527157b7_o.jpg

wud

Thank you Mai, I appreciate your comments and that you took the time to look at it!!! :)

No HDR on this one, I coverted in LR, made some "color" adjustments for better contrast and then finished it off in NIK Tools Silver Efex Pro 2.

Pat in NH

Its getting harder and harder to see which images are hdr and which are not! Looks very good :)

dramtastic

CRAZY! That image made me say woow out loud. My husband agrees!

Understandable :) Very nice image.

Hey! Thats here! I got a little bit confused at first, until I saw your location ;)
Thanks WUD. I'm really happy with that shot and the subject is a stunning bird. :D

ShootingStar

This is one of the shots from the first shoot with my new D5300, taken late at night the day it arrived.

Photo data: f5.6, 1/25, ISO 6400.

IMG_2043.jpg

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I have two photos and had to decide which one I liked better. This photo keeps standing out because of the river's ice. It reminds me of frothy sea foam. The river doesn't splash around quite so much like the photo implies...I think the ice gets created by forming underneath and pushes up the ice that is already there into mini-glaciers.

One thing I learned from processing these river ice photos is that I actually had to lower the contrast on the ice to bring out more detail in its features.

12215414514_c7c4910b47_b.jpg

Pilings of the Route 1 Toll Bridge

BackdoorArts

One thing I learned from processing these river ice photos is that I actually had to lower the contrast on the ice to bring out more detail in its features.

Another thing you can do is back off on the Highlight slider. In some snow pics I have to go back as much as -70 to get details when everything else appears perfectly exposed. And that's already shooting at a -.3 or -.7EV on the exposure compensation.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Another thing you can do is back off on the Highlight slider. In some snow pics I have to go back as much as -70 to get details when everything else appears perfectly exposed. And that's already shooting at a -.3 or -.7EV on the exposure compensation.

Thanks for the tip! I may go back and try to re-edit one or two river photos just to experiment! :)

RockyNH_RIP

I have two photos and had to decide which one I liked better. This photo keeps standing out because of the river's ice. It reminds me of frothy sea foam. The river doesn't splash around quite so much like the photo implies...I think the ice gets created by forming underneath and pushes up the ice that is already there into mini-glaciers.

Pilings of the Route 1 Toll Bridge

Nicely done Hark! Like the ice shot very much!

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's my favorite. It's a little kitch but I kind of like the absurdity of the situation.

The beach.jpg

RookieDSLR

Snow day playing outside......kids I swear cannot feel the cold! Definitely my favorite shot of January 2014!!!

Attachments

• Avery Color Snow Day.jpg
    Avery Color Snow Day.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 56

Mike D90

I had to decide between about three shots and I finally decided this one gave me the most post-shot satisfaction.

Great Egret

Great Egret January.jpg

zain

Shot in a forest reserved for scientific study. The forest in Kepong approximately 20km from Kuala Lumpur is called FRIM (Forest Research Institute of Malaysia)

p970356147-4.jpg