Post your Cemetery Shots!

PapaST

I shot most of these in HDR but really wasn't happy with the results. I need to spend more time working on developing a sound workflow for HDR. The black and white is HDR but the color pics I ended up taking it and processing without the other images.

Very hallowed ground. I was indeed humbled in this setting.

BM7_1692 by BMalinis, on Flickr

BM7_1772 by BMalinis, on Flickr

BM7_1707 by BMalinis, on Flickr

Michael J.

It reminds me of a day 26 years ago when I went to the arlington national cemetery. It was quite touching as those photos right now.

Deezey

Cementary (1 of 1).jpg

Not to be confused with just the average Cemetery. And yes....the sign does look new....:eek:

(cross posted in my 365)

williamcrane

Here's another shot from Lafayette Cemetery #1 in the Garden District of New Orleans. I actually was locked in while shooting here, but that's another story.

Confederate grave.jpg

Attachments

• Confederate grave.jpg
    Confederate grave.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This concrete/stone cross is beautifully crafted and stands at one end of this cemetary. The church building reminds me of something out of a fairy tale the way it is designed.

003 resize.jpg

Dave9072

A few shots from a recent visit to a local cemetery that dates back to the late 1700's, maybe even earlier. A Catholic cemetery with mostly Italian immigrants that worked in the local coal mines. Sadly it seemed that the average age for the adults interned here was mid-40's. On the second photo (Mine 11 Memorial), Krebs I.T. referred to Krebs Indian Territory, now of course Krebs Oklahoma.

Wire and Metal by FoxONEImages, on Flickr

Mine 11 Memorial by FoxONEImages, on Flickr

Flowers by FoxONEImages, on Flickr

Don't shoot me, but these were taken with a Canon camera. I plan on returning and taking additional shots with the new D610.