Post Your Black and Whites Photos!!

Deezey

I passed this pier with benches probably 50 times before I finally brought a camera with me and shot it one foggy morning. The other side of the bay is about 4 miles away but on this particular day it was all but completely invisible thanks to the fog

pier benches.jpg

I don't know what it is, but I love this shot. Glad you finally took the camera!

Got it. I like how the benches seem to be patiently waiting for someone to come and share the veiw with them.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Sandpatch

This was shot in about 1976 inside the E.J.& E. railroad interlocking tower in Barrington, IL. Levers like these controlled the interlocking plant signals and switches at the junction and they were once a common sight at thousands of towers. They were nicknamed "Armstrong" plants because the Operators had to be strong to manhandle the levers which were connected to very long lengths of pipe that moved with the levers. Barrington Tower was demolished in 2006, meeting the fate that has claimed many towers since. As of 2013, manned interlocking towers are becoming a very rare sight in the U.S. as technology displaces muscle.

Nikkormat FTn, 50mm Lens, Plus-X Film

Barrington Tower Levers.jpg

Last edited:

Michael J.

At the night market in Pai - near Chiang Mai

Handmade...

1_street-20.jpg

her boyfriend is helping her...

1_street-24.jpg

one stuff the made and I bought for 20 Baht (about 0,70 US$ )

1_street-23.jpg