Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Re: Bird in Flight

Behind Bethesda West in Boynton Beach
dsc_0014_944.jpg

Harry Gage

I saw this guy today and it just looked like he was letting his feet hang down while circling a thermal. When I looked at the photo I realized he had diner and was just out for a late "cruise" :)
AJ1TiUA.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

Behind Bethesda West in Boynton Beach
dsc_0014_944.jpg

Superb Marilynne!!! I was close to getting a "bird in flight". I saw a Blue Heron launch from the water, no shot as it was through brush and tree's. When he cleared he was flying away from me (an already too far). I did get off 3 shots but 2 were throw-aways and the 3rd not much better (closest to me) as it was not a good profile. I ended up deleting all.. You have spoiled me young lady!! ;) (Along with Grandpa!!!!) :rolleyes:

Pat in NH

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor

Superb Marilynne!!! I was close to getting a "bird in flight". I saw a Blue Heron launch from the water, no shot as it was through brush and tree's. When he cleared he was flying away from me (an already too far). I did get off 3 shots but 2 were throw-aways and the 3rd not much better (closest to me) as it was not a good profile. I ended up deleting all.. You have spoiled me young lady!! ;) (Along with Grandpa!!!!) :rolleyes:

Pat in NH

Sorry Pat for spoiling you! I still discard more than I keep. Position is everything. Since Bethesda Hospital West is brand new, there isn't much growth at the lakes yet. I know it's tough with foliage around and they do seem to like to fly in the wrong direction when you have a camera in your hand. No camera or can't focus fast enough, right over your head.

RockyNH_RIP

Sorry Pat for spoiling you! I still discard more than I keep. Position is everything. Since Bethesda Hospital West is brand new, there isn't much growth at the lakes yet. I know it's tough with foliage around and they do seem to like to fly in the wrong direction when you have a camera in your hand. No camera or can't focus fast enough, right over your head.

No apologies for spoiling!! It just forces me to set my sights higher!! (which helps me to get better) I will catch that guy one of these day!! :peaceful:

Pat in NH

Alan

Still not as good as the stuff Marilynne takes but these Green Teals are a start. As they say the harder you work the luckier you get.

DSCN7515.JPG

casablues

Nice job Marilynne - My picks are #3, 6 and 7. Pic #6 showing the heron in flight with its reflection in the water is especially eye-catching.