Post Processing. Why is there an issue with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
LOL Best derailment I've seen in a long time! Way to go, gang! :cool::cool::cool:

wrk_np1.jpg

RickSawThat

Wow! You use utensils?? :)

Actually if you put them on the table but don't actually use them there is less to clean. (less kitchen post processing after the meal)

... is if I sit at a table while i eat.... hahahahahahahahaha -- it's me, a plate, my computer and enjoying my meal while checking out nikonites.com

AC016

Actually if you put them on the table but don't actually use them there is less to clean. (less kitchen post processing after the meal)

... is if I sit at a table while i eat.... hahahahahahahahaha -- it's me, a plate, my computer and enjoying my meal while checking out nikonites.com

....... either Helene is enjoying this to much or she is to busy with other matters to lock this silliness down :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
I believe we've come to a "spork" in the road . . . are we talking about eating utensils or toilet paper??

RickSawThat

Enough of this fun - why aren't you guys checking out my new pics in the RickSawThat project 365 today :) :) :)

Post processed as always ;)

Just-Clayton

All I can say to this is when I went over seas to Turkey and Egypt. I thank the gods we use toilet paper. Doesn't matter which way it's on the roll!! LOL

Rick M

I post process because no camera, film or digital, has the ability to capture the dynamic range we actually see. Raw images, Jpegs or negatives misrepresent the actual scene, post processing restores it to it's purist form, what our eyes saw, not what the camera captured in it's narrow range.

Eye-level

Banned
I have always post processed everything. I believe in it.

That being said one of the reasons I want a S5 Pro is it's ability to make good snaps right out of the camera...with jpegs...

Billy Y.

Maybe why the arguments always fizzle out Mojo is because Images, and Color are both subjective. Even the two eyes of a single individual perceive colors slightly different. What may be pleasing to you won't be for others, and an image that really draws you in, may turn others away. The reason I post process is for that very reason, But I only have my own likes and dislikes, and color perception to base it off of. In the end I want my photos to look great to all that view them, and I believe I can only do that by post processing myself. I look at it like this - So you bought a new D800 - put it in jpeg mode on landscape and click away, now, how much of that $3000 dollars went towards the R and D of jpeg processing in landscape mode? Maybe 5% (and that is probably generous) so $150. Now look at photoshop - a program built almost solely for post production of photos - somewhere around $1000 dollars. Now, which do you think will do a better job?
I am not saying everyone should PP, but in my opinion, to get the best looking photo from you camera, it is absolutely necessary. If it wasn't needed then why on earth would every single digital camera out there come with post processing software? In the end do what you want, as long as you are happy. I want to make great photos, I do what I feel is right to achieve that, but you (and i mean everyone) do it in whatever way works for you.
Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.